VHS question.

Talk about anything here.
kwest93

VHS question.

Post by kwest93 »

did this ever happen to you when you had a VCR?

when the tape got eaten like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjkKOn6R0Ak
nwgatwcfan

Re: VHS question.

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Yes. I had an older GE VCR one time that did the same thing. Funny, as I was trying to record with it, it just happened to be on Prevue Channel and the entire picture was gone with static. The sound was pretty bad. Pretty similar to your video.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

nwgatwcfan wrote:Yes. I had an older GE VCR one time that did the same thing. Funny, as I was trying to record with it, it just happened to be on Prevue Channel and the entire picture was gone with static. The sound was pretty bad. Pretty similar to your video.
sounds like this happened. i had a Sony and broke it when that happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_3R3Xk_Bg
or this..watch how prevue guide dies.
http://youtu.be/rsDaUlRmYCc?t=1m40s
JFR_SneakPrevue98

VHS question.

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Try this one. I was watching a pre-recorded tape and the VCR I was watching it on completely twisted the tape. Even had a VCR that wouldn't eject the tape.

On the digital side I had a DVD Recorder that wouldn't eject the disc.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:Try this one. I was watching a pre-recorded tape and the VCR I was watching it on completely twisted the tape. Even had a VCR that wouldn't eject the tape.

That wouldn't be a Panasonic VCR/DVD Recorder by any chance?

Steven
JFR_SneakPrevue98

VHS question.

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

nwgatwcfan wrote:
JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:Try this one. I was watching a pre-recorded tape and the VCR I was watching it on completely twisted the tape. Even had a VCR that wouldn't eject the tape.

Steven
Steven,

Nope, it wasn't a Panasonic VCR/DVD Recorder, just a standalone Panasonic DVD Recorder. It was my very first Panasonnic DVD Recorder and one thing I liked about it was that it had 3 S-Video-A/V inputs.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:
nwgatwcfan wrote:

Steven
Steven,

Nope, it wasn't a Panasonic VCR/DVD Recorder, just a standalone Panasonic DVD Recorder. It was my very first Panasonnic DVD Recorder and one thing I liked about it was that it had 3 S-Video-A/V inputs.

well i remember having an old GOVIDEO VCR/DVD Combo and the problem i had was the VCR's Heads was so bad it records it over Recorded Tapes And Damaged them. i was so mad that it accidentally recorded over an old Oxygen Channel Commercial Back In Father's Day 2002. it was a Tape that had TV Guide with the Yellow Guide and taped Lethal weapon on TNT. it also had Old News and an old NBC Show with NBC Stuff On it as well.