Making Sneak Prevue on Movie Maker

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
tbbyolumbatobby20

Making Sneak Prevue on Movie Maker

Post by tbbyolumbatobby20 »

I got my own Sneak Prevue. They are both 1996 & 1999. I made it, there not just non-updates, there are updates. See my sneak Prevue videos on YouTube.com/tbbyolumbatobby
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Re: Making Sneak Prevue on Movie Maker

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Not bad for using Windows Movie Maker to kind of simulate Sneak Prevue. Wish that Windows Movie Maker had like a table function for text and the ability to countdown numbers or count up numbers. When I upgrade my RAM on my computer and install Adobe Premiere Pro I'll try to re-create Sneak Prevue using Premiere Pro.

Soon, I'll put up onto YouTube a compilation of my PPV Movie and WWF PPV promos that I recorded from Sneak Prevue. It'll start with my first PPV Movie I ordered (I Know What You Did Last Summer) and WWF PPV (WWF King of the Ring 98) then go through my last PPV Movie (not sure what it was titled) and last WWF PPV (WWF Fully Loaded 2000).
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I'm sure if you guys do some searching on your favored search engine, you will find programs that will help you to emulate the platform you desire (in your case, Sneak Prevue). When I was looking to add an overlay to my running Prevue Channel image in WinUAE, I did searches, for "borderless media player" and came across KMPlayer, which has made it possible for me to produce a video overlay over the top half of my screen (of course, cutting each individual top half video from all Prevue Channel videos on Youtube, then creating my own and then shuffling all of them in my ever-growing database). I've never been sure how to work it, but I believe in your case you could program Macros in Microsoft Office/Powerpoint... maybe start your own personal database of stuff and build it up (like I did), for example save a bunch of SP backgrounds in one folder and have the programmed powerpoint draw its backgrounds from there, and load movie data from an excel file (if you could get animated backgrounds, even videos to work as slide backgrounds, you could have backgrounds and excel data corresponding to each other so data shows for a video that is playing). Not sure if its possible or not, but I thought I would shoot out an idea, no matter how farfetched it may sound :lol: But I believe that Office 2007 and later have capabilities that may allow at least some of this to be possible (such as drawing data from excel).
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Buy a Mac and use Quartz Composer :)
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

AriX wrote:Buy a Mac and use Quartz Composer :)
I'm thinking that's only for the Mac. Windows users uses Sony Vegas, PowerPoint, or Adobe Premiere.
For the PowerPoint, I have the WWE Capitol Punishment pay-per-view info here, this is a picture of a simulated Sneak Prevue presentation. (NOTE: Any I don't have PowerPoint in my computer and I have an extra Sneak Prevue picture of Playboy TV's info on Flickr.)
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
tin

Post by tin »

Honestly honestly spend the time learning it and doing it in HTML5. It really is worth it and you get a lot more true to life look.
tin

Post by tin »

@20cent

what's the chances you can upload some of your cut videos (from the top half of PG) somewhere for us to use? I'd like to try some new things with HTML5 and also gonna try to get one of my Amigas to run the top half (ohhhhh yesss! it can be done!)
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Maybe I can upload my whole contraption (like 475 videos and 44 songs) into a single ZIP file and upload them to you... if you can give me a website I can upload it to and you can download it (since Megaupload is gone). Just to let you know that the previews are going to have the wrong showing times and channels because it is pretty much there for the looks... but you will feel like you are getting the "Genuine Prevue Experience" :lol: 2/3 of these were cut from youtube videos, while others I constructed using MSPaint, Moviemaker and VirtualDub (well, VirtualDub for all of them). I would upload them here, but I am sure the forum has space limitations (it is nearly 2GB worth of files!). My idea is to upload them, and whoever downloads them can pick through them to look for ones they would like. Let me know if this would work.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

First of all I would like to point out that most videos that originated from youtube are at a 284 x 122 resolution, while ones I custom made are usually found at 480 x 160 (I use KMPlayer, which adjusts the video to the size of the video window, which I in turn adjusted to cover the entire top half, so resolution doesn't matter on my end. I hope that whoever uses these videos can keep the same desired (fixed) resolution in their video player regardless). WIth all the videos I created, the channels and times pertain to a listing that I created that I reuse every time I open up Prevue. In the case you ever wanted to make your own overlays, I have many of the rating logos in BMP format, as well as the 1993 background, 1996/97 background and the 1997 Prevue Tonight background for the movie description overlays. I give RudyValencia credit for the font used, as this would have not been possible without it. When I am given a site that I can upload it to, I will do so (I never actually used one of those sites before. lol!)
tbbyolumbatobby20

Post by tbbyolumbatobby20 »

this video also makes a movieline. It will tell you which time day or night you want to watch. Wanna make a movieline, give me a message on my channel on Youtube.