Prevue/Sneak Prevue Software & Amiga 2500

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Prevue/Sneak Prevue Software & Amiga 2500

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Does anybody know if the Prevue/Sneak Prevue software would work on the Amiga 2500 (both emulation and Amiga 2500 computer)? I found some Amiga 2500's on eBay.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
tin

Re: Prevue/Sneak Prevue Software & Amiga 2500

Post by tin »

It would, because the 2500 (and the 1500) are just Amiga 2000s with slightly different hardware. The only things to check are: the amount of RAM - PG Amigas are fitted with an extra 2 MB, and if it has a genlock card - PG won't run unless one's fitted. However of course you could buy and add these later.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_2500

It would seem if you do get an A2500 then you also get a handy accelerator! The other question as with most big box Amigas sold on eBay is are there any other expansion cards already included.

<edit> just looked on eBay and saw there is one with a video toaster setup. This would be nice for other experimentation with video stuff! However I LOLed when I saw they want $421 to ship it to the UK!! Haha