Missing song

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
surfingthechaos

Missing song

Post by surfingthechaos »

I have been looking forever for a song from the prevue channel. I have searched all over the internet and youtube, and I have listened to countless songs on killer tracks.

It played on TCI cable in East Alton, IL circa 93-94. I specifically remember it playing right next to a commercial for Groundhog Day. They would rotate this song with "Opening Act", but it was the polar opposite of that song. It starts with a frantic number of synth hits, and there's a lot of synth brass and stuff, it also has sort of a Michael Jackson beat.

Given the trouble I have had finding this song, it lead me to believe that it might actually be part of the James & Aster music library, but I don't know how to go about getting music from them.
surfingthechaos

Re: Missing song

Well after looking at some uploads from the laserdisk thread I actually managed to find it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjyeyj

song starts at 16:00

anyone have any info about this one? Is it from James & Aster?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

surfingthechaos wrote:Well after looking at some uploads from the laserdisk thread I actually managed to find it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjyeyj

song starts at 16:00

anyone have any info about this one? Is it from James & Aster?
Never heard this before, but I'm glad you found it! No one really knows anything about the James & Aster music library -- they went out of business like 20 years ago.
surfingthechaos

Well it would be nice to have a title or something. How did they find the name for "opening act"?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

surfingthechaos wrote:Well it would be nice to have a title or something. How did they find the name for "opening act"?
I believe it's because the track was found when someone who worked at a broadcast TV station in the 90s that happened to use the same music sent it to a friend who liked Prevue. But I'm pretty sure the clip you linked to was from Killer Tracks or FirstCom - I think they completely stopped using music from anywhere else in 1994.
surfingthechaos

Well I've searched all over killer tracks, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have missed it. Any help identifying this song would be appreciated.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

surfingthechaos wrote:Well I've searched all over killer tracks, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have missed it. Any help identifying this song would be appreciated.
Its probably because of APM.
surfingthechaos

what is APM?
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

surfingthechaos wrote:what is APM?
associated music production.

its this site called myAPM http://apmmusic.com/myapm/main.php
surfingthechaos

Man I don't even know where to start with that website. Isn't anyone else familiar with this song at all? I can't be the only one who remembers it.