HELP ME ON PREVUE/TVGC DISK IMAGES !!!! (emulation)

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
20CenturyFan

Re: HELP ME ON PREVUE/TVGC DISK IMAGES !!!! (emulation)

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Seems to me this happened to me the first time I made my own banner as well. I am sure there is an easier way, but I ended up taking a copy of an existing banner that showed up with the right palette and pasting over it with my own banner (in one of the workbench paint programs, of course). If it showed up with the wrong colors (usually the same wrong colors that showed up in the Prevue program), I was able to select from the correct colors in the paint program and replace the colors with the right ones one by one.
tin

Post by tin »

In Dpaint or Ppaint, load the correct colour palette and then select "remap" from the menu. I think this is whats going wrong, you have the right colours, but not in the order that PG sets them.
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

20CenturyFan wrote:Seems to me this happened to me the first time I made my own banner as well. I am sure there is an easier way, but I ended up taking a copy of an existing banner that showed up with the right palette and pasting over it with my own banner (in one of the workbench paint programs, of course). If it showed up with the wrong colors (usually the same wrong colors that showed up in the Prevue program), I was able to select from the correct colors in the paint program and replace the colors with the right ones one by one.
Well, now the problem is with the filesize. How i can fit my .UV images to the actuall floppy???
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

You have to mix the colors down to 16 colors. The more colors that your uv file has, the larger it will be. It is normal that you may not be able to fit more than a few on your image (I have 8 total, but would have less had I not been able to set up my listings on a folder posing as a hard drive, using Tin's script)
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

20CenturyFan wrote:You have to mix the colors down to 16 colors. The more colors that your uv file has, the larger it will be. It is normal that you may not be able to fit more than a few on your image (I have 8 total, but would have less had I not been able to set up my listings on a folder posing as a hard drive, using Tin's script)
ERR009 (or ERR010) appears from nothing in the Prevue Grid software. What i should do now.

(EDIT) I'm really tired to convert by myself. tin will convert it for me.
Last edited by PrevueNetworks on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

tin wrote:If you can explain exactly what you want - or better still upload what you want it to look like in jpg or png, I can do the conversion for you no problems.

However if it requires creative work - the images above appear to be instructions? - then I can't help sorry :)

by the way by far the easiest way is to get workbench and cloanto PPaint installed under emulation, and load a .png into PPaint while retaining 16 or 32 colour mode, saving and reloading the palette if neccesary (if it's in the scroller). PPaints colour reduction routines are far superior to anything I've been able to get out of Photoshop or GIMP.

To save the picture as a non-standard size, capture it with the brush tool (draw the box carefully to get the exact size), save in ILBM format
I really want the conversion of those. I'm really tired with messing with AMIGA and i will say to you convert my images tin, And these images doesn't requre creative work, just conversion :)
Attachments
Prevue Family ad from 1998 (taken from the Prevue/TV Guide transition.
Prevue Family ad from 1998 (taken from the Prevue/TV Guide transition.
MOVIEP.png (258.82 KiB) Viewed 8828 times
Prevue '98 banner with more good quality
Prevue '98 banner with more good quality
TVGBANNR.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 8828 times
tin

Post by tin »

Might unfortunately be a while before I can do it, but I will give it a go :)
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

tin wrote:Might unfortunately be a while before I can do it, but I will give it a go :)
Nice!!!!
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

PrevueNetworks wrote:
tin wrote:Might unfortunately be a while before I can do it, but I will give it a go :)
Nice!!!!
just waiting.
Last edited by PrevueNetworks on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tin

Post by tin »

DONE :) Purely because I found my guide on how to do it, here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31 rather than having to work it all out again :)
Attachments
old_prevue_tvgbanner.7z
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
prevue_family.7z
(24 KiB) Downloaded 409 times