Amiga Mini A500 Prevue Guide possibility?

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
Retro_guy1

Amiga Mini A500 Prevue Guide possibility?

Post by Retro_guy1 »

I'm willing to bet the Amiga Mini A500 that's coming out will have USB support, do you think it's possible we would be able to run Prevue Guide on the Mini Amiga? The C64 has USB support, you can drop in games and demos and programs onto a USB stick and play them, so I wonder if it'll be the same with the Amiga Mini.
PajamaDarkness

Re: Amiga Mini A500 Prevue Guide possibility?

Post by PajamaDarkness »

How would you suppose listings will be handled without serial? (unless there's a way)
PajamaFrix
Prevuing since 2015.
tin

Post by tin »

certainly interested to have a try! Need to have another go at a raspberry pi 4 install too...
Retro_guy1

Post by Retro_guy1 »

PajamaDarkness wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:16 pm How would you suppose listings will be handled without serial? (unless there's a way)
I haven't really had the time to get involved with it all just yet, so I am very unfamiliar with how the whole original hardware/software worked. But my god, when I was a teenager growing up, I would watch Prevue Guide, just for the music. I never, ever thought that it was going to change, or even go away. If I had known then, what I know now, I would have at least 30 VHS tapes of just Prevue Guide recordings.