[Download] Prevue Software 7.8.3

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
20CenturyFan

Re: [Release] Prevue Software 7.8.3

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I noticed that as well about the non working banner but forgot to mention it in my post from last month. I tried a few things (such as just naming it banner.uv or prevue.uv) but so far no success in getting it to show (in addition to the above possibilities, perhaps it is looking for a path/filename that we do not yet know for the prevue era banner).

It also looks like the DREV 3 lists work in both in v9 and in v7... So if anyone wanted to use one list for both versions, that appears to work just fine. I still did not get listing/scroll mode to work in v9 with the DREV 3 listings, however... That probably was disabled in the code.
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

Arix and i recently discovered on the Prevue Discord, that the TVGBANNER.UV in the 7.8.3 is called PGWAWO.160 instead. ANd it also must be unpowerpacked to work.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

PrevueNetworks wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:00 am Arix and i recently discovered on the Prevue Discord, that the TVGBANNER.UV in the 7.8.3 is called PGWAWO.160 instead. ANd it also must be unpowerpacked to work.
True! I believe the filename is "pgwawo.160" - I'm not sure if it's case-sensitive or not, but I'd stick with lowercase. As noted on Discord, the wawo presumably stands for "We Are What's On", the onetime slogan :)
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

It actually is kind of case sensitive. I have to discover that yet.
PajamaDarkness

Post by PajamaDarkness »

PrevueNetworks wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:16 pm It actually is kind of case sensitive. I have to discover that yet.
For me it doesn't seem like it's case sensitive, I tried renaming TVGBANNR.UV as 'PGWAWO.160' (in lowercase) and dropped it into the root of the Prevue Disk and that seemed to do the trick.
PajamaFrix
Prevuing since 2015.