Prevue Channel Music

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
Bolt96

Prevue Channel Music

Post by Bolt96 »

I'm trying to document and collect the music that played on the Prevue Channel. I have most of the tracks so far, but I am missing a few of the 1999 tracks. I have failed to find any of the tracks that played in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLApAmSQQ5U

I am also trying to track down the tracks that played in August 1999. Youtuber 'PrevueChannelMusic' has posted one of the three tracks called "Anticipation" but I'm looking for the other two which are titled "Speed Pulse" and "Pounding" (all composed by Chris Many). They originate from the FirstCom library CD 'A046' but apparently that disc has been discontinued.

Unsure if anyone here has any of the said tracks I am looking for but just thought I'd check. Thanks.
woddfellow2

Re: Prevue Channel Music

Post by woddfellow2 »

I am aware of the following:

1993: Opening Act (James & Aster), All in a Day, Thoughts of Spain, Texas Swing Shift, Stephane's Reveille (Killer Tracks)
1994: Chase the Clouds Away, In the Bag (Killer Tracks)
1995: Speed Trap, Red Pepper, Water Ski, E-Ticket (Killer Tracks)
1997: Hopscotch, Riverside Drive, Take It Home, Happy Promo, Let Me Know, Expanding World, Holiday Hip-hop, Bumper to Bumper (Killer Tracks), One at a Time, Morning Comfort, Freeflight, TV Talk (FirstCom)
Some of 1999: Splash, Hot Chili, Ya Ragga (FirstCom)

Also, for uses other than interstitial adverts:
Killer Tracks: Extraterrestrial Teenybopper (idents, Prevue Tonight/Familyvue circa 1994–1995), The Standard Is Set (ident circa 1994), Hot Foot (Prevue Tonight 1995), All in a Day (again) (Familyvue), Grab It! (Intervue), Catch the Buzz (Prevue Tonight 1997), Chicago Shuffle (ident, late 1993), Back on the Beat (Prevue Tonight/Familyvue circa 1996–1997), On the Money (ident circa 1995)

[2011-03-17T1709-0500] Update: Correcting a title
Last edited by woddfellow2 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:I am aware of the following:

1993: Opening Act (James & Aster), All in a Day, Thoughts of Spain, Texas Swing Shift, Stephane's Reveille (Killer Tracks)
1994: Chase the Clouds Away, In the Bag (Killer Tracks)
1995: Speed Trap, Red Pepper, Water Ski, E-Ticket (Killer Tracks)
1997: Hopscotch, Riverside Drive, Take It Home, Happy Promo, Let Me Know, Expanding World, Holiday Hip-hop, Bumper to Bumper (Killer Tracks), One at a Time, Morning Comfort, Freeflight, TV Talk (FirstCom)
Some of 1999: Splash, Hot Chili, Ya Ragga (FirstCom)

Also, for uses other than interstitial adverts:
Killer Tracks: Extraterrestrial Teenybopper (idents, Prevue Tonight/Familyvue circa 1994–1995), The Standard Is Set (ident circa 1994), Hot Chili (Prevue Tonight 1995), All in a Day (again) (Familyvue), Grab It! (Intervue), Catch the Buzz (Prevue Tonight 1997), Chicago Shuffle (ident, late 1993), Back on the Beat (Prevue Tonight/Familyvue circa 1996–1997), On the Money (ident circa 1995)
I don't have time at this second to check this, but I think I have one or two here that you didn't list there (and perhaps have not been identified): http://cl.ly/21023K1c302L1o1x2r1V
Awesome job though!

UPDATE: Just an idea. Maybe we could make a wiki page (http://prevueguide.com/) documenting all of this music? (and, if possible, links)
In the next few days, I'm finally going to implement some spam protection on the wiki...
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

Track 12 (1997) Unknown.aif
Killer Tracks — Take It Home

Track 17 (1999) Late Prevue Song.aif
<Unknown>

Track 18 (1999) TV Guide Theme.aif
<Unknown>

Track 2 (1997).mp3
Killer Tracks — Holiday Hip-hop

Track 3 (1997) (Bad Quality).mp3
Killer Tracks — Bumper to Bumper

Track 4 (1995) Unknown.aif
Killer Tracks — Speed Trap

Track 7 (1995) Unknown.aif
Killer Tracks — E-Ticket
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:Track 12 (1997) Unknown.aif
Killer Tracks — Take It Home
Thanks for that. Just wondering, how were you able to identify Take It Home and Bumper to Bumper? They are in your original list, but seemingly not on the PrevueChannelMusic channel.

The TV Guide theme and "Late Prevue Song" are just some pretty low-quality recordings I made from HulkieG's "Prevue Becomes TV Guide" video. Also, the original theme that we don't quite have a name for may be worth noting - many have called it "Era 2 Song," just because that's what PrevueChannelMusic said, but I think it would be more accurately described as the Prevue Guide Theme.
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

I've created a .txt file of all of the tracks known so far. It also includes CD titles and a few more tracks unmentioned here. My document can be viewed here: http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=8714AF8B1
tin

Post by tin »

I did a little bit with the music a while ago, but like other stuff, things have taken over. Anwyay the only thing I know in addition to what I read here is that prevue tonight around 1997 used an edited version of "Hot Foot" (killer tracks Urban - Volume 1 KT19). There's an appropriately edited version here: http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=EB21B6831

<edit> one of the dailymotion videos says Killer tracks Straight Ahead was also used, although I personally haven't heard that on any of the videos I've seen.
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

tin wrote:I did a little bit with the music a while ago, but like other stuff, things have taken over. Anwyay the only thing I know in addition to what I read here is that prevue tonight around 1997 used an edited version of "Hot Foot" (killer tracks Urban - Volume 1 KT19). There's an appropriately edited version here: http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=EB21B6831

<edit> one of the dailymotion videos says Killer tracks Straight Ahead was also used, although I personally haven't heard that on any of the videos I've seen.
The only video I've seen with "Straight Ahead" is at the beginning of this video. And I think a wiki page for the music is a great idea, Ari!
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Bolt96 wrote:
tin wrote:I did a little bit with the music a while ago, but like other stuff, things have taken over. Anwyay the only thing I know in addition to what I read here is that prevue tonight around 1997 used an edited version of "Hot Foot" (killer tracks Urban - Volume 1 KT19). There's an appropriately edited version here: http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=EB21B6831

The only video I've seen with "Straight Ahead" is at the beginning of this video. And I think a wiki page for the music is a great idea, Ari!
Hmm. I'm pretty sure I've heard that somewhere else, but I can't place it at this second.