Custom Prevue graphics

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
djrsaunders

Custom Prevue graphics

Post by djrsaunders »

So, in one of the Prevue emulation videos I posted, AriX asked me if there was some way I could make the custom graphics (namely, the 1993 Prevue Channel graphic, and the Before You View graphic, which was based on the New Look software that debuted in early 1993 prior to the name change from Prevue Guide to Prevue Channel sometime in June) at the top-half of the screen downloadable. I needed some time to think about this, and I've decided I can make them downloadable. So, I've created a zip file featuring the custom-made Prevue logo-based ads (the 1993 Prevue Channel graphic, and the early 1993-style Before You View graphic), and I've included some holiday-themed ones as well (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and 4th of July, among others). These were all originally made on paint.net as 800x280 PNG files before reducing the size into 320x112, then cropping them into 320x110, and finally, reducing the color palette to 32 colors and saving them as IFF files through Grafx2, which is a free software program that is inspired by Amiga's Deluxe Paint and Brilliance. Only then did I rename the extensions UV for these files after saving them as IFFs. I've also included a recreation of the 1993 Prevue Channel banner (which is seen at the end of every listings cycle) as well (currently, I have the PGWAWO file, but I'll include a TVGBANNR version of this as well later on).
Attachments
Prevue 1993 files.zip
(38.59 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Custom Prevue graphics

Post by AriX »

This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing! I will be making great use of these as soon as I next have time to work on further emulation + CTRL data formats :)
djrsaunders

Post by djrsaunders »

Sorry for the bump, but I just updated my Prevue Channel banner almost a month ago and released it on the Discord server. I might as well put a link to the updated banner here.
Prevue 1993 banner.png
Prevue 1993 banner.png (2.78 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
Attachments
Prevue 1993 Banner.zip
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Haniki

Post by Haniki »

This is awesome. Thanks for that! I am using it as we speak!