New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: New youtube videos

Post by AriX »

Stumbled upon this pretty great collection of original TV Guide Channel promos and bumpers from the early 2000s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s76G5wW3diM
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Great clip of TV Guide Channel from 2001. Interesting to see a time when the channel had a pretty similar format to Prevue, with plenty of previews, but also was working in hosts and entertainment news. Notably by November 2001 they seemed to have dropped the original 1999 rebrand identity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSWFJ3Ays0M

And a video of TV Guide Network from 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvW_5zK8gDE

Lastly, here's a video capturing the current state of the the i-Guide (the descendent of Prevue Interactive), which is still in active use but starting to be phased out by many cable companies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-yliQ-_voc
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

And here's a full hour from 2001! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0fzp7i7iM
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

I do remember those "$CABLE_OPERATOR presents the TV Guide Channel." idents circa 2000–2001. The version seen in these videos replaced an older one with the change to the "Don't Miss a Thing" slogan.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

Excuse the double post, but this video depicts the pre-eye logo still in use in early 1996.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
WeatherSTARIII

Post by WeatherSTARIII »

As previously mentioned on the Prevue Music section on the Discord, here's a clip from January 7, 1998 (shortly before the Prevue Channel overhaul later that February). This one came from the New York City media market (unknown cable system) and also features several newly discovered unknown music tracks.
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

WeatherSTARIII wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:53 pm [...] also features several newly discovered unknown music tracks.
I have identified 3 of those 4: Check It Out (also heard on Sneak Prevue a few years earlier), Peaches & Cream, and Get Real, all from Killer Tracks (now part of Universal Production Music)'s Urban - Volume 3 (KT41) album. I have yet to identify the other one.

(Aside: That same album also contains Cuban Cuisine, used on Prevue Latino for an ident.)
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
Square1986

Post by Square1986 »

woddfellow2 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:54 pm
WeatherSTARIII wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:53 pm [...] also features several newly discovered unknown music tracks.
I have identified 3 of those 4: Check It Out (also heard on Sneak Prevue a few years earlier), Peaches & Cream, and Get Real, all from Killer Tracks (now part of Universal Production Music)'s Urban - Volume 3 (KT41) album. I have yet to identify the other one.

(Aside: That same album also contains Cuban Cuisine, used on Prevue Latino for an ident.)
The other one was Springboard. This track is from NJJ/NYB's Promo Beds - Volume 1 (NYB11) album.
tin

Post by tin »

Nice find! and whoever was in charge of the Dpaint making those "graphics" :o
WeatherSTARIII

Post by WeatherSTARIII »

Sort of Prevue-related, but an interesting find. I came across a very short glimpse of Sneak Prevue from a Weather Channel clip from December 21, 1994.

Now why am I posting a clip from The Weather Channel instead of Prevue you may ask? Well, here's what happened: This clip was recorded from a WeatherSTAR 4000 in Beaumont, Texas. Normally this broadcast would be The Weather Channel, but towards the end of the Local Forecast, instead of the Local Radar segment that would normally come up at the end of each Local Forecast, the video feed from TWC cuts into Sneak Prevue showing a Pay-Per-View promo for the movie No Escape. When the Sneak Prevue video feed showed up, the audio feed from TWC was still playing, but louder.

Whoever was running the cable headend seemed to be drunk at the time. :lol: Anyways, Sneak Prevue shows up at the 57 second mark after the Extended Forecast segment from the 4000.

Video courtesy of TWC Classics.
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan