No more Saturday Morning Cartoons....Your Thoughts?

Talk about anything here.
kwest93

No more Saturday Morning Cartoons....Your Thoughts?

Post by kwest93 »

On September 27th Vortexx will be the last day to show any sort of Saturday morning cartoon ever.

after this saturday CW replaces that with one Magnificent morning E/I. its basically nothing to watch on that.

what do you think? you got any memories you had? Share it!
dreamer

Re: No more Saturday Morning Cartoons....Your Thoughts?

Post by dreamer »

Man, I remember when there were cartoons airing on weekdays - early morning(from 5am onwards), afternoons and even during evenings! When I had 1/2 or no days at school, I'd always look forward to whatever cartoons that aired, even if they were old and clearly had to be taken off-air. :)

As far as saturday/sunday mornings, those were THE BEST!!! Mostly because after a long week of school/work, you wanna unwind. And that's when the best cartoons aired - japanese anime and western masterpieces as well. I looked forward to both, and even taped the majority of these works. I'd stay up until 1am, set the VCR to record, and woke up the next day to see what aired on X channels. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you were gonna get!

I had a set of 20 VHS tapes - over 10 hours of the stuff. Unfortunately all of this was destroyed.

I went back and looked at a lot of these works on the internet and I don't feel the same as I did back then. I still do have that appreciation for those decade(s) and what wonder they've given, but I'm grown-up now and no one would understand how awesome the 70s-90s were these days.