Sense of Prevue in Hotels?

Talk about anything here.
kwest93

Sense of Prevue in Hotels?

Post by kwest93 »

for some reason Hotels Are still doing TV Guides. i wonder how its powered.....probably a PC based system?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdOLATi ... re=related
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Sense of Prevue in Hotels?

Post by AriX »

Yes, a couple of independent providers (namely E-GuideTV, Zap2it, and TV Guide Network), provide custom guide services for hotels and small cable system. Probably all Windows-based.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

AriX wrote:Yes, a couple of independent providers (namely E-GuideTV, Zap2it, and TV Guide Network), provide custom guide services for hotels and small cable system. Probably all Windows-based.
good. im happy hotels still have a guide like Prevue. it just doesnt have that blue 2 hour prevue look. they added an extra 30 minutes on the right. they managed to show the same style of commercials.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

kwest93 wrote:good. im happy hotels still have a guide like Prevue. it just doesnt have that blue 2 hour prevue look. they added an extra 30 minutes on the right. they managed to show the same style of commercials.
Yeah... although the guide itself bothers me. It's sloppily put-together, and the channel logos are stretched weirdly. The guide doesn't scroll evenly, and the fonts look weird. It doesn't have the elegance of Prevue or the Amiga.
tin

Post by tin »

HAHAH! so this is e-guide then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kteoZAfdNs I love how they call it cutting edge technology when it's a copy of something from the 1990s, AND that it's not as smooth or classy! :) Even their zooming effects on their promo video can't cover up the jerkyness. How have they not managed to improve over Prevue Guide!?

I've seen zap2it before. Seems to be better software but somehow (dunno how) still soulless. It still stops and starts the scroll or crawl at times for no reason. My favorite totally is APG which is now streaming as well!! ....mms://161.58.180.154/apg
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:HAHAH! so this is e-guide then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kteoZAfdNs I love how they call it cutting edge technology when it's a copy of something from the 1990s, AND that it's not as smooth or classy! :) Even their zooming effects on their promo video can't cover up the jerkyness. How have they not managed to improve over Prevue Guide!?

I've seen zap2it before. Seems to be better software but somehow (dunno how) still soulless. It still stops and starts the scroll or crawl at times for no reason. My favorite totally is APG which is now streaming as well!! ....mms://161.58.180.154/apg
LOL @ "cutting edge technology."

I like the APG too :) although the ads are a little much! But I believe it is actually just a customized zap2it guide.

I have, on my occasions, thought of proposing such a subchannel to one of the smaller, local broadcast stations in Philadelphia, using my original Prevue hardware. But I still haven't figured out the darn CTRL feed. I'll find time to do it one of these days.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

tin wrote:HAHAH! so this is e-guide then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kteoZAfdNs I love how they call it cutting edge technology when it's a copy of something from the 1990s, AND that it's not as smooth or classy! :) Even their zooming effects on their promo video can't cover up the jerkyness. How have they not managed to improve over Prevue Guide!?

looks like antenna listings for a converter box. the only thing Zap2it doesn't show is Movie Information and OnDemand information since PPV was fased out in 2008. but however it manages to show Actual listings for everything else. maybe one day this would get updated to where its smoother on screen and shows better than what "TV Guide" did.