where did everybody go?

Talk about anything here.
20CenturyFan

Re: where did everybody go?

Post by 20CenturyFan »

First thing is that under the preferences I made the visualizations as "black screen" and set it to hide the video during the play of audio. I have all subtitles (and tag info) disabled as well. The window is always on top, shuffle/repeat is on, etc. In the preferences under visualization, the setting you are looking for is "minimum mode when not using visualization". Set that, then during audio playback, right click, go the the "visualization" menu and click "Visualization on/off". You should see it go from a blank black screen to a blank black line (which will reside at the top of the Prevue emulator during music playback, but it is so thin that it is barely noticeable (it will not obstruct ad viewing on WinUAE or whatever you might be using). These are just some of the settings that I have. If configured right, it should be completely automated. It will switch back and forth from showing video or the top black line (like I said, barely noticeable), and with a bunch of music and videos, and shuffle/repeat, its as if you are watching the real thing :D I have left the emulator playing overnight on my TV like this a few times and it is still active and working in the morning.

You figured out how to resize the screen to perfectly cover up the top half, correct? and have it stay that way each time? I know I had a hard time with it at first, so I thought I'd ask.

Let me know if you figure it out. I went through each preference/options menu to browse any settings that would help suit my needs. It took experimentation for me to get to where I was.
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

20CenturyFan wrote:First thing is that under the preferences I made the visualizations as "black screen" and set it to hide the video during the play of audio. I have all subtitles (and tag info) disabled as well. The window is always on top, shuffle/repeat is on, etc. In the preferences under visualization, the setting you are looking for is "minimum mode when not using visualization". Set that, then during audio playback, right click, go the the "visualization" menu and click "Visualization on/off". You should see it go from a blank black screen to a blank black line (which will reside at the top of the Prevue emulator during music playback, but it is so thin that it is barely noticeable (it will not obstruct ad viewing on WinUAE or whatever you might be using). These are just some of the settings that I have. If configured right, it should be completely automated. It will switch back and forth from showing video or the top black line (like I said, barely noticeable), and with a bunch of music and videos, and shuffle/repeat, its as if you are watching the real thing :D I have left the emulator playing overnight on my TV like this a few times and it is still active and working in the morning.

You figured out how to resize the screen to perfectly cover up the top half, correct? and have it stay that way each time? I know I had a hard time with it at first, so I thought I'd ask.

Let me know if you figure it out. I went through each preference/options menu to browse any settings that would help suit my needs. It took experimentation for me to get to where I was.
Hey thanks for your help, I was able to get it set up for the most part. The only other thing I'm trying to get is that after the player is closed, the video/audio stays in the same position as last time. I recently set up an old Windows desktop to operate as an Amiga Prevue machine would. I have everything to automatically run on startup via task scheduler, but it must restart daily at 5 am to refresh the curday.dat file (hence, closing KMPlayer). I have tried many things to attempt to get this to work but with no luck. Anything you know of that may accomplish this?
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Hmm... unfortunately I have yet to figure that out. I tend to just re-adjust manually every time I load it up and it runs from there (since my Prevue Channel is "Part-Time" at the moment and as of right now I considered it 'normal' for me to have to adjust it on startup... I don't leave my PC on 24/7). I think it would be something for me to look into though. First thing I would do is to do a search on it (its how I figured half of that program out), searching something like keeping KMPlayer in the same position after opening/closing it. I might give it a try in the next couple days or so.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

20CenturyFan wrote:Hmm... unfortunately I have yet to figure that out. I tend to just re-adjust manually every time I load it up and it runs from there (since my Prevue Channel is "Part-Time" at the moment and as of right now I considered it 'normal' for me to have to adjust it on startup... I don't leave my PC on 24/7). I think it would be something for me to look into though. First thing I would do is to do a search on it (its how I figured half of that program out), searching something like keeping KMPlayer in the same position after opening/closing it. I might give it a try in the next couple days or so.
well i keep my prevue guide on configuration so i can double click to start it up. i leave km player as autohide so that when you see the top and bottom conform right.

i use a 23-inch HDTV for my monitor output from my laptop. and i leave it as 1920 x 1080 to get WinUAE to fit (keeps Going to Full screen For some reason...) sometimes i drag it down to make it look like the 1998 prevue channel that shrinks during prevue sports. other than that KMplayer sometimes save my position of where the video goes for example those Lazerdiscs from sneak prevue. it actually fits perfect if you use the 1994 one.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I just tried emulating the A2-Black list using the Atari EPG-Jr, while utilizing my trick with KMPlayer. It isn't perfect, but I guess until the real thing turns up (which I am skeptical... unless someone can find a retired A1000 with a disk that made way for an A2000), there is always the option to improvise. I made ads that looked like listings, since I never figured out how to do listings in this version. It does look a little lo-res (its so BIG! lol), but I am sure it would be good enough until something turns up. I put it on my 2nd screen, covered the guide title and window bar with the KMPlayer window, and dragged the window down until the top line above the clock was right below the video window (the side result is that the bottom half is off the screen). The only drawback is that this idea only works with video at the moment... the audio would expose the title and window border. It makes a nice experiment, but given our success with the blue grid, I think we will probably stick with that for now.

Example image is attached. Just giving out a few ideas. 8-)
Attachments
A2-Imp.jpg
A2-Imp.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Haha, pretty cool. Real listings with EPG Jr. aren't too hard - there's some helpful info on the wiki and also here on the forums somewhere. If you have any specific questions, post in the Prevue Emulation forum and I'd be happy to answer them.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

20CenturyFan wrote:I just tried emulating the A2-Black list using the Atari EPG-Jr, while utilizing my trick with KMPlayer. It isn't perfect, but I guess until the real thing turns up (which I am skeptical... unless someone can find a retired A1000 with a disk that made way for an A2000), there is always the option to improvise. I made ads that looked like listings, since I never figured out how to do listings in this version. It does look a little lo-res (its so BIG! lol), but I am sure it would be good enough until something turns up. I put it on my 2nd screen, covered the guide title and window bar with the KMPlayer window, and dragged the window down until the top line above the clock was right below the video window (the side result is that the bottom half is off the screen). The only drawback is that this idea only works with video at the moment... the audio would expose the title and window border. It makes a nice experiment, but given our success with the blue grid, I think we will probably stick with that for now.

Example image is attached. Just giving out a few ideas. 8-)
now that's another problem i have with that guide. ill post a thread to show you exactly what im talking about.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I have replied to your thread. Let us know if you need anymore help.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

kwest93 wrote:its been dead for almost a week now and i haven't heard from anyone. is anyone there?
I'm too busy, sorry I wasn't there because I'm a student and I still studying in school.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Matthew Joseph wrote:[quote="I'm too busy, sorry I wasn't there because I'm a student and I still studying in school.
I am a student as well. This is usually what I do when I am done with studying/homework for the night. But then again, its my weird schedule that permits me to do this (I have night classes, and I am too worn out to study, etc when I get home at 10PM). I do most of my studying and homework in the afternoon and early evening before class, since that is when I can concentrate the best.