Sneak Prevue Laserdisc 2002 Backgrounds

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Re: Sneak Prevue Laserdisc 2002 Backgrounds

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

joseph_sobora wrote:Cool! That was exactly what I had on my August 1999 clip of Sneak Prevue from MediaOne. I can't wait to see a video of all the previews, promo and clips of the channel, when it was active. I didn't know Charter Communications and Adelphia used "Sneak Prevue" as some areas used only the Pay-Per-View and Information Channel.
Charter did use "Sneak Prevue". In 1999 it was Cable Michigan Cinema, then January 2000 it became either Charter iN DEMAND or Charter Home Theater or both. I started watching Sneak Prevue in May 1998 as my very first PPV Movie I ordered was "I Know What You Did Last Summer".
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

I figured that Charter did used "Sneak Prevue", but I do know that in some areas, Charter used "The Barker".
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

joseph_sobora wrote:I figured that Charter did used "Sneak Prevue", but I do know that in some areas, Charter used "The Barker".
When my Charter area added more iN DEMAND PPV channels we had iN DEMAND's Generic Barker Channel for PPV Movie/Event promos. Now we don't have a Barker Channel anymore as it became HD PPV.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

joseph_sobora wrote:I figured that Charter did used "Sneak Prevue", but I do know that in some areas, Charter used "The Barker".
Joseph,

I have Charter Cable here in GA and our Sneak Prevue was originally purchased while it was Falcon Cable TV. Falcon Cable TV was bought out by Charter in October of 1999. They did a rebuild in 2001 here and that is when our Sneak Prevue removed from the channel lineup. But, we still had Sneak Prevue until that time.

As far as The Barker channel, I am wondering if the fees were higher to the cable company to use The Barker vs. using Sneak Prevue? Since The Barker was a little more flashy, shall we say, I figure that only high-profile areas would have used The Barker (in Charter's eyes of course) since it could do more. With an area that has so many people, Charter may have been able to afford it in your neighborhood, but not others.

It's just a theory. Do you think it's possible?

Thanks,
Steven
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:
When my Charter area added more iN DEMAND PPV channels we had iN DEMAND's Generic Barker Channel for PPV Movie/Event promos. Now we don't have a Barker Channel anymore as it became HD PPV.
That reminds me, I remember living in Gladstone, Oregon in 8 months back in 1998 and my family and I had TCI Cable. And before iN DEMAND, Viewer's Choice did carry their own Pay-Per-View Barker Channel for all Pay-Per-View channels available on TCI Digital Cable. They even have some listings, showtimes and channel number shown on a different background with music.