TV Station Simulator version 2 will be here later!!!

Talk about anything here.
tin

Re: TV Station Simulator version 2 will be here later!!!

Post by tin »

Agree! I just find it incredibly interesting because of the technology behind it, and it's good to see, for example, as many different youtube videos to see if they shed any more light on how things worked or what features the code has. A really good example is the recent emergence of the blue EPG list. But to get as weirdly obsessive about it, and harrass and annoy the very few other people who share the interest, that's just, well, weird....
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I joined the forum when I learned that there were others out there with the common interest of figuring out what made one of my most remembered past times "tick". I tend to just experiment with things on my free time here (much like everyone else, I assume), and even though I was a fan of Prevue Guide back when I was a child (and the 1994-1996 era Prevue Channel), I'm not "obsessed" with it either (just a hobby of curiousity, if you will). I believe that much of the goal of this forum was to form a centralized location where those with this common interest could collaborate and trade knowledge and experience with each other regarding the Prevue Guide, its hardware and its software, and reverse engineer it to know as much about it as we can (and learning things about its technology now that we didn't know back then, for example). I can see that there are some that just don't understand, and I believe I know what AriX is talking about when it seems that a few on here lack the social skills (in reference to the "autistic" comment) to understand what the purpose is here and not just posting for the heck of it to sound like they either know what they are talking about or just trying to fit in. I don't quite understand people who think that this is the only thing that people on this forum do... I am sure that most of us have jobs and lives outside of this and we do this as a hobby in our free time. And people should really read carefully and take the word for it rather than assuming that people have things that they don't, and if there was a misunderstanding, its not the end of the world (in reference to Bolt96's issue... bringing up the following issue that may just as well be known). I have seen this problem over at Taiganet as well with the Weatherstar 4000 Emulator and peoples persistant impatience for its release. Things will be posted once they are discovered, not sooner, and if someone is working on something, do your own thing while they finish... however long it takes. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. We aren't going to have every code cracked or every Prevue resource ever available at our fingertips overnight, and honestly if these people want it bad, they can do/get it themselves. As for the rest of us, let's just continue to enjoy our curiosity in the Prevue technology, and keep doing what we were doing. Some may find their niche, and some may do things that others have a harder time doing. For example, what I lack in programming knowledge I can make up for in art. (After all, I did upload a ZIP file in the "Just for giggles... Prevue Guide Emulated" page containing an IFF/UV file of the 1994 Prevue Channel banner I made based on a Youtube screenshot. If feedback is good, I may consider fitting the "eye" logos as well) ;)

I hope that a firestorm doesn't follow this post. No offense to any potentially affected parties, but I thought I would offer support to those who have basically said the same thing above. I think we have the right thing going on here with this forum. It is very interesting learning everything I have learned here, and I would hate to see people lose focus like I witnessed at the other site mentioned above, with their ignorance becoming their worst enemy. My main reason for posting was in hopes of perhaps explaining in plain English to the parties being discussed above.

P.S. If anything was out of line, please let me know. I have no intentions of being malicious. :|
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Well, I joined this forum because like many others,I grew up with this channel and became a long time fan, along with many cable networks such as Nickelodeon, TBS, TNT, HBO.etc and having cable in the late '80s and in the mid '90s brought back so many memories. What really inspire me about this channel and "Sneak Prevue" (which I didn't discover it until 1994 when my father's relatives were living in Long Beach and had Cable there, and later, 1996 for "Continental Cablevision", which then became "MediaOne" in 1997. at my cousin's house) was the previews of movies and TV shows, as well as the local ads with music in between, and the guide listings. Like, all of you guys, I always watch this when there is nothing on and it becomes very addicting. Therefore, having my first VCR when I was 8, I remember recorded a bunch of these "Prevue Channel" footages in 1993, 1994, and 1995, (as well as 1997 and 1998) when I had lots of blank VHS tapes before they got lost due to moving. The only ones I have left were some clips from 1997 and a little from 1998. When, someone mention this on Closing Logo Group, my memory came back to me and prior to this, I create my Yahoo! group of "Prevue Guide" for members that enjoy watching this channel when they were young, which took my goal to find material of this channel with sounds, videos and images all over the internet. It's been 8 years now and so far since I been searching for more Prevue material and it's interesting to see that I wasn't the only one that remember this network.

But, yes I get this a lot when I go to sites like YouTube and Dailymotion when some member started getting so crazy about it that they wanted to create their own. It's annoying! At least, I don't act that way! If I wanted to see something, I'll just politely asked. If they haven't got the time right now or if they have no more material for now, then I'll just be patience and move on to other things until it's time. Simple as that, and for those that asked me, if I promise that I find something that I would love to post when I have the time, I'll do it! If I don't have anymore, then that it! Just don't be rude and obnoxious and act like you don't trust them, respect others and you wouldn't have a problem.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Just to break the seriousness a little...I feel a "cumbaya" moment going on here. :)

Okay..I echo the same feeling about this group and the Channel itself. It was a good channel to turn to on those days when there was nothing on. But seeing it crash and how it crashed was so interesting to me. I feel that the internet revolution makes us appreciate it more because we have now a few copies of this software, that otherwise wouldn't have been remotely available to us, and a place to discover what made this thing tick. I knew very little at the start about the Amiga software and how C++ programming worked when I first found this. But today, I feel more comfortable about both and just to be a part of this, I feel extremely lucky.

To everyone that enjoyed this channel back then and now with the software, thank you for taking some time out of your busy schedules to post videos, work with the software, and post what was found.

Steven
tin

Post by tin »

nwgatwcfan wrote:Just to break the seriousness a little...I feel a "cumbaya" moment going on here. :)
heheh... my name's tin, and I'm a..... *voice breaks* prevue-aholic..... *cries* :mrgreen: :lol:
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

tin wrote:
nwgatwcfan wrote:Just to break the seriousness a little...I feel a "cumbaya" moment going on here. :)
heheh... my name's tin, and I'm a..... *voice breaks* prevue-aholic..... *cries* :mrgreen: :lol:
^I cracked up at this! ^ :lol:
angie2010

Post by angie2010 »

And don't forget, we will make it a new version of TVSS starting next year.
That's Me
angie2010

Post by angie2010 »

If replyed, please let me know.
That's Me
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

well lets hope this is compatible with windows 7. because thats my system and it uses a 32-inch Monitor to display it.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

kwest93 wrote:well lets hope this is compatible with windows 7. because thats my system and it uses a 32-inch Monitor to display it.
This is... not a real thing. TVSS is a creation of angie2010's imagination.