Sneak Prevue Laserdisc!

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Sneak Prevue Laserdisc!

Post by AriX »

Alright, here's what you've been waiting for!

https://rapidshare.com/files/4286167964 ... rDiscs.zip

That download contains all three LaserDiscs. Some notes:

- They are in QuickTime/MPEG-4 format.
- Both audio channels are intact, so you'll want to switch the audio channels you can hear to avoid hearing both background audio and regular audio at the same time. In VLC, the audio menu provides this option. Select left audio for the main feed, and right audio for background. In QuickTime, go to "Show Movie Properties," select the "Sound Track," and change "left" to "mono." Then, change "right" to "unused."
- The 1994 LaserDisc appears to have a typo at the beginning - it states that it is from 93, but I'm pretty sure it's from 94.
- The 1996 LaserDisc says that it airs starting March 14th. I believe by this time, they were distributing two LaserDiscs a month, instead of one like in 1994 and 2002.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

AriX wrote:Alright, here's what you've been waiting for!

https://rapidshare.com/files/4286167964 ... rDiscs.zip

That download contains all three LaserDiscs. Some notes:

- They are in QuickTime/MPEG-4 format.
- Both audio channels are intact, so you'll want to switch the audio channels you can hear to avoid hearing both background audio and regular audio at the same time. In VLC, the audio menu provides this option. Select left audio for the main feed, and right audio for background. In QuickTime, go to "Show Movie Properties," select the "Sound Track," and change "left" to "mono." Then, change "right" to "unused."
- The 1994 LaserDisc appears to have a typo at the beginning - it states that it is from 93, but I'm pretty sure it's from 94.
- The 1996 LaserDisc says that it airs starting March 14th. I believe by this time, they were distributing two LaserDiscs a month, instead of one like in 1994 and 2002.
Very cool and was able to download the entire 1.78 GB zip file. I found it if you have the left as "Center" and of course the right as "unused" then on a computer the entire audio will be coming from both computer speakers. Any special tricks on how to make it so that each file can be made into a DVD Video format so that the audio wouldn't be all messed up when played on a DVD Player or Blu-ray Disc Player? I'd like to have each file into a DVD format.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

I'm going to try and get the rest of the file, sometimes it keeps getting stuck and it causes me to restarting the entire thing all over again, which really bothers me. I'm using Firefox and I hate when it stops within an hour sometimes.

Anyway, I saw some new clips of it on YouTube, it looks like the 1996 version of "Sneak Prevue" is quite the same as the "Time Warner Home Theatre" clip from late February, 1995. The one that Bolt96 had, which is the 1997 version might have been updated in the fall of 1996.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

joseph_sobora wrote:I'm going to try and get the rest of the file, sometimes it keeps getting stuck and it causes me to restarting the entire thing all over again, which really bothers me. I'm using Firefox and I hate when it stops within an hour sometimes.

Anyway, I saw some new clips of it on YouTube, it looks like the 1996 version of "Sneak Prevue" is quite the same as the "Time Warner Home Theatre" clip from late February, 1995. The one that Bolt96 had, which is the 1997 version might have been updated in the fall of 1996.
I used Safari for Windows and had no problems downloading it at all. May be could try a different browser to see if it will download it without stopping.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:
I used Safari for Windows and had no problems downloading it at all. May be could try a different browser to see if it will download it without stopping.

I'm going to try Safari to see if that works, I'm using Mac OSX. Therefore, I wouldn't trust RapidShare or even MegaUpload because most of the time, they show an message that says, "Download limit exceed". Which means, you have to wait a while before downloading the file. Plus, it's ridiculous that you have to pay for one version that has the faster speed and unlimited downloads, while getting stuck with the other version. It happens to me many times now.
tin

Post by tin »

Gutted my download looked like it was succesful, but on opening the zip it was not :( will try again tonight...
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

tin wrote:Gutted my download looked like it was succesful, but on opening the zip it was not :( will try again tonight...
I had the same problem, too and it's frustrating! I'm doing it again just now, praying that it doesn't cut off. It may take hours leaving it on, but I don't care just as long as it finished successfully!
JFR_SneakPrevue98

tin & joseph,

Are you saving it to an internal hard drive or an external hard drive? I started my download close to 3pm and it finished about 4:45pm yesterday. Then from 4:45pm to about 5:30pm it was transferring to an external hard drive. After it finished on my external hard drive and opened the zip file then extracted the files. So, it took me from close to 3pm to 5:30pm to download and transfer to my external hard drive. RapidShare does not have download limitations anymore for free users. I was also afraid that my download would stop at a certain point. What do you guys have for Internet access? I have Cable for my Internet access.
tin

Post by tin »

Just to an internal hard drive. It only takes about 23 mins to download which is pretty good, it must have just failed somewhere towards the end and I didn't realise.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

AriX wrote: [...]

[...]
In mplayer, the commands are:

Code: Select all

mplayer -af pan=1:0:1 <insert filename here>
...for the right channel, and:

Code: Select all

mplayer -af pan=1:1:0 <insert filename here>
...for the left channel.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to