[Download] Atari800 builds for EPG Jr

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
AriX
Site Admin

[Download] Atari800 builds for EPG Jr

Post by AriX »

Hi all,

We've had copies of the Atari software for EPG Jr for many years, but it's been difficult to get them running with listings data, because the popular Atari emulation software doesn't provide a clear way to input raw serial data.

I'm happy to share that I have written patches for Atari800 that enable it to receive raw serial data over TCP, meaning that you can use it with software like PrevueCLI. For convenience, I have builds ready-to-go for macOS (10.13 and later) and Windows (64-bit only).

Here are the links:
Windows download
Mac download

These builds are set up for the emulated Atari to listen for data on TCP port 5541. In order to get started, you can follow PajamaFrix's helpful EPG Jr emulation tutorial, and then follow the Amiga instructions for using PrevueCLI. In your .prevuecommand file, make sure to set "forAtari" and "omitSpecialCharacters" to `true`, or the listings will crash the Atari.

When emulating EPG Jr, be sure that your Atari emulator is set to the 130XE model.

Enjoy!
atari007.png
atari007.png (8.26 KiB) Viewed 17475 times
AriX
Site Admin

Re: [Download] Atari800 builds for EPG Jr

Post by AriX »

Note: it seems the Atari sometimes crashes when you send it all of the program data. I need to figure out why this is - we may be sending too much data, or sending descriptions that are too long or contain special characters that throw it off.

Relevant discussions are on Discord, here: https://discord.com/channels/4903659641 ... 3104181340