New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
20CenturyFan

Re: New youtube videos

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I noticed something interesting at the 14:45 mark of part 1 of that video. The description shows "Forrest Gump" while the video playing is from a completely different movie (The Nosferatu Diaries: Embrace of the Vampire). However, later on when Forrest Gump shows up a second time, it is the actual movie and not an error. What do you suppose caused the wrong movie/description to show up the first time?
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I just posted what I believe is my only actual Prevue Channel clip to survive into the 2000s. The quality sucks (the majority of it was recorded in EP, and I have no direct means of playing video into my PC), but I figured that I would sooner or later upload it as it is. (it is comparable to BeeRightBak's videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_wqhQETIc

From context, I was able to gather that it was recorded in late 1996. Not sure what month, however (I recorded this Prevue Clip over a family video dated September 25, 1996). I think it fits the collection, though!

It is unfortunate that two tapes of 1994-1995 era Prevue Channel were lost over time... I sure wish I had them today :|

I would like to point out in this clip that the NFIP/FEMA commercial is quite ironic... "we'll help you build new memories." After 2005, people found that out the hard way...

EDIT*

I am not sure if anyone caught this, but in the last 5+ years the following video has been on Youtube, I have yet to see this brought up. I never knew that Prevue showed a "key" to viewers at the 3:52 mark to tell them what all the little symbols in the listings meant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrutiC26Js

This was one of the first Prevue videos I saw on Youtube, but I probably skipped past this part because of the Paragon Cable stuff. Surprised I missed this part of it this whole time, but I thought it was worth the mention.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

20CenturyFan wrote:I am not sure if anyone caught this, but in the last 5+ years the following video has been on Youtube, I have yet to see this brought up. I never knew that Prevue showed a "key" to viewers at the 3:52 mark to tell them what all the little symbols in the listings meant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrutiC26Js

This was one of the first Prevue videos I saw on Youtube, but I probably skipped past this part because of the Paragon Cable stuff. Surprised I missed this part of it this whole time, but I thought it was worth the mention.
Thanks for posting... Wish you had more of that old footage too! I do remember noticing that key. Interestingly, a similar graphic was used on Prevue Latino in the late '90s.

I powered on my Prevue stuff today for the first time in a while. I really need to finish this stuff.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

Here are some songs i found. you might be familiar with these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1VwLk6 ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7TwUUr ... AAAAAAAAAA

i posted these in my other thread where the rest of the songs will be Downloadable in a Zip file for Archive.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

More Prevue Guide March 1989

This one proves that before circa 1990, Prevue Guide did use local ad music other than the well-known 2-minutes-long music that sounded like the Prevue Tonight theme...
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
mixdup

Post by mixdup »

20CenturyFan wrote:
I am not sure if anyone caught this, but in the last 5+ years the following video has been on Youtube, I have yet to see this brought up. I never knew that Prevue showed a "key" to viewers at the 3:52 mark to tell them what all the little symbols in the listings meant...
That looks like a local ad. I bet Paragon made up those cards and stuck them in as a local ad rotation instead of that being something pushed down/supported by Prevue itself. The fact that they went through all the trouble to create those local "customer service" ads also leads me in that direction.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

mixdup wrote:That looks like a local ad. I bet Paragon made up those cards and stuck them in as a local ad rotation instead of that being something pushed down/supported by Prevue itself. The fact that they went through all the trouble to create those local "customer service" ads also leads me in that direction.
Certainly possible, but I don't think that is the case because the graphic seen here appears to be an updated version of the same guide, and it is certainly not related to Pargon cable. Though I do wonder how Pargon managed to insert so much crap into their Prevue guide?
tin

Post by tin »

I think given the circular background gradient (meaning its not amiga generated) and that the c-band listing scroll is visible
behind the local listings (meaning it's not locally inserted video) that the key is in video played centrally.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:I think given the circular background gradient (meaning its not amiga generated) and that the c-band listing scroll is visible
behind the local listings (meaning it's not locally inserted video) that the key is in video played centrally.
Ah, good catch. It looks to me like the C-band listing scroll is running the old Prevue Guide software... but I could be totally wrong.