Prevue in Python

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
cc17926

Prevue in Python

Post by cc17926 »

Hi folks,
New user to the forum here, but been coming here for a long time. I hail from the Weatherstar side of the fence, and many would either know me from my YouTube channel, or from the TWCToday forums.

Recently, I embarked on writing a message sender in Python, so data processing can be performed on a Linux system. I am able to send data out via serial to a Windows PC running WinUAE, connected with a null-modem cable. Up to this point, all has been successful. I am hoping that I could even release this source so others can utilize it too. (Maybe bring back interest to this project too!)

I am currently able to update the Time (mode K), update the timezone (mode F), send channel line-up (mode C), and program listings (mode P). I have not yet automated the process of taking live guide data and importing that information, as I am still trying to grasp the fundamentals.

What I am trying to figure out, is there a known set of Program and Channel flags which cause predicable listing colors?? I have only found a way to display Blue and Red listings, and I am sure there are other colors as well. Is there a way to display a Movie synopsis text block as well?

Finally, is there a description which breaks down all of the specific configuration settings which are sent via mode F? I cannot find any reference to this, unless I am looking in the wrong space..

At any rate.. here's some eye candy..

Thank you!!
Attachments
prevuetest.jpg
prevuetest.jpg (48.93 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
GDZippN

Re: Prevue in Python

Post by GDZippN »

As someone running Ubuntu on a Chromebook, I'm interested.
tin

Post by tin »

Very nice! Found I could not get on with Python - the formatting does my head in - but a sender written in anything is great!
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

cc17926 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:47 pm Finally, is there a description which breaks down all of the specific configuration settings which are sent via mode F? I cannot find any reference to this, unless I am looking in the wrong space..
As mentioned in the other thread and on Discord, here is a reference I'm working on: https://github.com/AriX/PrevuePackage/b ... mand.swift