My own HTML5 Prevue simulator

Discuss Prevue simulation here.
zshall

My own HTML5 Prevue simulator

Post by zshall »

Hi all!

I've been lurking on these forums for a while and decided to take a shot at building my own Prevue guide simulator in HTML 5. The discussions and files here have provided me with great resources on getting started. This is what the live site currently looks like. I have plans for the following enhancements:

[*] Continuation arrows
[*] Program colors
[*] Program icons
[*] Pausing the scroll on longer text (maybe)
[*] Support for notices above the channel (PPV and other info that was in curday.dat)
[*] Better presentation options (TV scanlines, more video selection, full-width promo images, logos, backdrop image behind TV, scaling for screen sizes, etc.)

Edit: GitHub repo.

For the guide file format I'm using an XML based approach. I'm using it instead of JSON or binary files since it's easier to structure and query XML and manipulate it using jQuery. I very roughly translated the bulk of text from curday.dat, but I'm not sure what all of the data I extracted corresponds to yet, and I'm sure I left some of it out.
tin

Re: My own HTML5 Prevue simulator

Post by tin »

that is impressive stuff!
CPLANAS1985

Post by CPLANAS1985 »

Looks awesome... Only thing remains is to customize with videos and own listings...
Carlos Planas, Jr.
Instagram: @CPLANAS1985
Facebook: @CPLANAS1985
YouTube: @CPLANAS1985
DeviantArt: @CPLANAS1985
Logopedia: @CPLANAS1985
rickelodeontv

Post by rickelodeontv »

This is really terrific. What is the correlation between the timeslot number and the actual time? Can we get an idea of how the XML works? Thank!