Prevue Channel Promos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
joseph_sobora

Prevue Channel Promos

Post by joseph_sobora »

Just recently, I spotted two Prevue Channel (1998) :15 Promos featuring "Surgery" and "Golf Course". Courtesy of YouTube user, "N Sands" from his commercial blocks.
Prevue  1998 Commercial.jpg
Prevue 1998 Commercial.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
Prevue  1998 Commercial #2.jpg
Prevue 1998 Commercial #2.jpg (56.19 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
Prevue  1998 Commercial #3.jpg
Prevue 1998 Commercial #3.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/1dp944b5 ... ercial.mp4

Anybody remember these? They actually play them on Cable Networks and Network Television (as well as Prevue).
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Prevue Channel Promos

Post by AriX »

Great find. Where'd you get these? Such odd marketing they did that year.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:Great find. Where'd you get these? Such odd marketing they did that year.
I found it on YouTube, under the commercial breaks of "90s Commercials" (1998), uploaded by "N Sands". I'm still looking for the other commercial before this that has a detective investigating in the apartment of a couple and their broken TV set. He said, "What are you people thinking? That TV can't handled this!", then the couple was crying and after that it cuts to clips of Prevue.
Last edited by joseph_sobora on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

I found some tidbits in both videos.

1.You can see on the TV set when the announcer says "The new Prevue channel..." that the listings is from New York City, NY. I saw it closely at the TV set in both videos and saw a WXTV listing next to the BET listing, which WXTV is a Univision O&O station. But at the "Golf Course" ad, before the lightning hit the screen, I can see WNJU, which is a Telemundo O&O.
2. The old slogan ("Prevue... See whats on") appears there next to the WXTV listing.
3. The Amiga-based guide is used.
4. The time showed in both promos are at 5:43pm, which is 2 minutes before Prevue Sports segment would begin (:45 past).
5. The channel that aired both Prevue promos are on TBS. Joseph Sobora mentioned that the promos are also aired on other cable networks (TNT, Cartoon Network, BET, TLC etc.), on network television (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, PAX), and on the channel itself, maybe airing :30 versions with a background with the Prevue logo and prevue.com on it below next to the video itself, TBH.
6. The top-video shows the station ID, which is also found in the "Prevue Channel (1998)" clip by mcydodge919 at the start.

I think in my opinion, the promos were in rotation since it's revamp until Feb/March 1998.

P.S. I love that "see what the rockus is about" thing, it mentions TBH about the new short segments on the channel, which follows on the TV Guide Channel years from 1999 to 2001.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Found this on YouTube and post it on my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO2w33dxQZM

This was the first promo that aired on both broadcast and cable networks, it even aired on the Prevue Channel as well!
Attachments
prevue '98.jpg
prevue '98.jpg (85.47 KiB) Viewed 2702 times