Some screenshots of the Program that I am working on

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
tvguides

Re: Some screenshots of the Program that I am working on

Post by tvguides »

does not work, cant find required files
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Did you get the pop-up asking what folder you want to store the files in when you ran it the first time?
If you did, find the folder you selected. On the initial try, there should be a file of config settings and channel lineup. Listings file and serial logs will build during runtime of the program.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Steven
tvguides

Post by tvguides »

no, the installer says it cant find required files
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.18444
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Alan/Desktop/Prevue%20Listing%20Sender%20(3)/Channel%20editor%20simple.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\Prevue Listing Sender (3)\Channel editor simple.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading file:///C:/Users/Alan/Desktop/Prevue Listing Sender (3)/Channel editor simple.application did not succeed.
+ Could not find file 'C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\Prevue Listing Sender (3)\Channel editor simple.application'.
+ Could not find file 'C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\Prevue Listing Sender (3)\Channel editor simple.application'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [8/16/2014 2:48:36 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\Prevue Listing Sender (3)\Channel editor simple.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [8/16/2014 2:48:36 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading file:///C:/Users/Alan/Desktop/Prevue Listing Sender (3)/Channel editor simple.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find file 'C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\Prevue Listing Sender (3)\Channel editor simple.application'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find file 'C:\Users\Alan\Desktop\Prevue Listing Sender (3)\Channel editor simple.application'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

I was also able to replicate your error message. I have went back to the drawing board. Again, I am still fairly new at C# programming. I hope to have this fixed very soon.

Thanks for being patient with me,
Steven
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

I have taken away the installer and instead will try just one .exe file. Let's try this and see if it works.

Since this is such a new program, your anti-virus may reject the use of the file. Just add it to your trusted programs, in case it is rejected by the Anti-Virus.

Thanks very much,
Steven
Attachments
Prevue Listing Sender Update 8-16-14.zip
Updated with just the exe file.
(56.44 KiB) Downloaded 1868 times
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

It's working man. Thank goodness....

But we need a DIY instructions how to operate the program.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Here are the instructions on how to use the software. This will be updated as time goes on, as I figure out more commands to send.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Steven.
Attachments
Instructions in Word format.zip
(467.78 KiB) Downloaded 1351 times
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Sending the live data is all good, but there are some bugs to deal with. Goodness...

Maybe later when the program is fully OK with no more bugs or glitches, then we may insert live data by serial!!!! :D
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Matthew Joseph wrote:Sending the live data is all good, but there are some bugs to deal with. Goodness...

Maybe later when the program is fully OK with no more bugs or glitches, then we may insert live data by serial!!!! :D
You should be able to send the data through serial COM1 to Win-UAE, using a virtual serial port, or if you have a machine that uses a COM1 port, then you should be able to send this information directly to an Amiga running the Prevue software.

I do agree with the bugs and glitches. I am still learning C# as I am doing this program, so just be patient with me. There are some features that I want to add, but still learning to add them.

Regarding a database of listings, I am not able to find a consistent source, for free, that I can download into the program. I wanted to make it free for everyone to use. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steven
mediabrat

Post by mediabrat »

nwgatwcfan wrote: Regarding a database of listings, I am not able to find a consistent source, for free, that I can download into the program. I wanted to make it free for everyone to use. Any suggestions?
I don't think you'll find one, at least not for North American listings. The best you'll probably be able to do is to make your program work with Schedules Direct. It does cost users $25 a year, but the data comes from Tribune Media Services, which provides EPG data to Tivo and DirecTV, so at least you know it's accurate.