Problems with PrevueCLI on Win11

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
RyanG

Problems with PrevueCLI on Win11

Post by RyanG »

Hi there,

I am having the following problems with PrevueCLI on Windows 11.

•Converting XML to the format PrevueCLI uses
•Sending the sample listings to Prevue via WinUAE (TCP set to 0.0.0.0:1234)
See attached:
winuae64_Z6sV1SEEfQ.png
winuae64_Z6sV1SEEfQ.png (123.95 KiB) Viewed 7888 times
cmd_3oO4aj6JtZ.png
cmd_3oO4aj6JtZ.png (38.56 KiB) Viewed 7888 times
cmd_UDAYhQH8at.png
cmd_UDAYhQH8at.png (62.14 KiB) Viewed 7888 times
If you could help me - that would be great :)
(Note: I am using a AMD Ryzen if that changes anything.)
djrsaunders

Re: Problems with PrevueCLI on Win11

Post by djrsaunders »

Have you checked if the TCP connection ID for WinUAE matches the one set in the PrevueCLI document? Also, for listings, did you create a folder called "listings" in the PrevueCLI folder so that when you perform "convertXMLTVToListings", the listings in the XMLTV file will be dumped to said folder?
RyanG

Post by RyanG »

TCP - yep
folder - yep

both aren't recognized.

Is this a Windows 11 bug?
EriolGaurhoth

Post by EriolGaurhoth »

*bump* I've been having similar issues on Windows 11. I've tried a few things to troubleshoot, but to no avail:

- Changing both WinUAE and the PrevueCLI to "Run As Administrator", thinking there was some extra permission needed to access the network layer. No dice.
- Changing the IP address to something other than 127.0.0.1 on both the PrevueCLI-side and the WinUAE-side. Still nothing
- Changing the port to something other than "1234", thinking there might be something else using that port, both for PrevueCLI and WinUAE. Nada.
- Manually changing Windows Firewall settings to allow network traffic from both PrevueCLI and WinUAE for public and private networks, thinking it was somehow blocked. Nope.
EriolGaurhoth

Post by EriolGaurhoth »

I'm thinking the problem <i>might</i> be with WinUAE and not PrevueCLI, as I was able to get PrevueCLI to send to a recognized open address but still nothing shows up in the WinUAE emulator. So I'm thinking that the serial-port-to-TCP in WinUAE is not talking to Windows 11 properly. I'm hoping it's just some configuration setting that is wrong and not an actual bug.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (205.9 KiB) Viewed 7619 times