YouTube content discussion

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
Kadeemluvmusic

YouTube content discussion

Post by Kadeemluvmusic »

I don't want anybody copy my videos on youtube and don't even think about using Windows Movie Maker and create your own. I'm really tired and upset. What I really need is some new Sneak Prevue and Prevue Channel videos. No more emulators.
nwgatwcfan

Re: New youtube videos

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Kadeemluvmusic wrote:I don't want anybody copy my videos on youtube and don't even think about using Windows Movie Maker and create your own. I'm really tired and upset. What I really need is some new Sneak Prevue and Prevue Channel videos. No more emulators.
I can understand your frustration. I had these same thoughts a few years ago when I posted onto YouTube for the first time. There were people taking my Prevue Channel videos (the series of 7 videos, and three others with satellite listings) and they were making all sorts of copy cats. Even a few people had reuploaded my videos themselves and said that they were theirs or that it was a user that was deleted. They were taken down by my choice after only a few months. I posted the videos for three reasons. First of all to see if the content "police" would allow such videos. Seccondly, I wanted to experiment to see if people would try to use them to their advantage. I was right. Just as soon as I had taken them down, there were other copies that immediately that were put online. The last reason that I posted them was for a nostalgia factor.

It was a tough choice to make, but I felt it was the right decision at the time.

As far as the Win Movie Maker and other "simulations", I don't really like them myself. Some are just plain "shibby".. (Yes, I've watched Dude, Where's My Car once too many times). At least use the same fonts and previews, if you are going to do it.

The emulations that are using the real Amiga software or Atari software, those can be informative to know that the real software exists. I would hope that some of the people taking the time to make the sims could use their energy to help on solving some of the mysteries of these two pieces of software, IMHO.

I hope it makes you feel better that you are not the only one with these concerns.

Steven
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

The only reason I had them is so that an archive could be kept of all Prevue channel videos that were ever on Youtube (I downloaded all of them that weren't emulators). When one was taken down, I would later reupload it so that those in this forum would have access to it to be able to use them as examples in conversation. I believe i know what videos you are referring to, Steven (March 25, 1994 and May 19, 1996). I hope this wasn't something that someone didn't want me to do. I never credited myself either, just saying that it was previously uploaded by another user (the only video I personally recorded that I have right now is the Late 1996 clip that I recorded from my TV). Let me know if this constitutes the above scenario...
tin

Post by tin »

I also think that nobody should really let It bother them when videos are copied or used. Yes I hate the cheapie homebrew stuff but I suppose that is one of those things.

If its just a straightforward video grab of something that was broadcast years ago, who cares really? You didnt create the content and copied someone elses work if we're being honest, so shouldn't really complain if it's copied again. The people who are really interested - lets face it there are few, are probably all on here and are the only people who are in the slightest bit bothered - will thank you for taking the time to grab and upload the footage, surely all you could possibly want anyway?
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

I think this is not the topic we want. There was also a "New youtube videos" topic here also. If I ask permission to AriX, my new subject will be "Youtube frustration".
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
tin

Post by tin »

Actually I think we should delete the thread. it's adding no value
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Actually I think we should delete the thread. it's adding no value
Well, I don't think we should delete it - it's good to know that there's a difference of opinion here - but I do also agree that we should really embrace people sharing this content. Many people (including our community here) will be very appreciative it if you upload your Prevue-related content, but our end goal is to find out as much as we can about about this channel and its technology as possible, and we need complete access to the content in order to do that.
And yeah, the silly Prevue mocks/simulations are annoying, but it's not a huge deal; I'm sure the people who make them enjoy their own work, and we will just have to deal with it.
I do agree that the title of the thread is confusing; I'm going to rename it along the lines of Matthew's suggestion.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

20CenturyFan wrote:(I downloaded all of them that weren't emulators)
I did the same thing:

Code: Select all

2.7G	/home/woddf2/video/prevue
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to