96 Backgrounds

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
mrso2976

96 Backgrounds

Post by mrso2976 »

I downloaded the Sneak Prevue Laserdiscs off of this forum, what program would you use to get the backgrounds to change them into images for Sneak Prevue simulator use?
JFR_SneakPrevue98

96 Backgrounds

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

If you have QuickTime installed on your PC or MAC then you should be able to get whatever backgrounds you want from it. Hopefully you should be able to get them as jpg's.

I used PowerPoint to create the Sneak Prevue backgrounds. The font I used was Helevectia and the two colors are white and yellow/gold. In order to have a running clock in the upper right you would have to create almost like a slideshow with the seconds changing. You then can export the entire slideshow as jpg's. In a video editor software just import the jpg's and set the duration for the jpg's to 1 second. Just import the audio files and place them in the audio layer of the video editor software. In either PowerPoint or the video editor software you should be able to set the dimensions to 720x480.

Hope the above info will help you out.?!
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
mrso2976

Re: 96 Backgrounds

Post by mrso2976 »

I'll see what I can do. I know last night at around 11:50 I was trying to find a way to bring the speed of the slides into slow motion but it seems Sony changes everything when they upgrade their Vegas Software.
mrso2976

Re: 96 Backgrounds

Post by mrso2976 »

I'm probably going to sound stupid for asking this but I am not familiar with Quicktime.
In order to get them as JPEGs, would I have to get the Pro edition?
JFR_SneakPrevue98

96 Backgrounds

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

mrso2976 wrote:I'm probably going to sound stupid for asking this but I am not familiar with Quicktime.
In order to get them as JPEGs, would I have to get the Pro edition?
With QuickTime Pro there is an option that will convert movie to image sequence (jpg or png). That option isn't recommended for an hour long video. I believe that in both the non-Pro and Pro versions there is a print option. There should be some sort of fake printer that would print video to images.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.