Curday.dat Data Format

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
tin

Re: Curday.dat Data Format

Post by tin »

I got kwest's joke :)

Nice setup AriX, love that you have a Powermac there too, I just bought one local for £40 :) I've just installed MorphOS on it :)
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

That is just awesome, AriX! I wish I had room for all that hardware... but space limitations restrict me to emulating everything on a single Windows 7 based PC :lol: Not sure it would be possible to get listings for my cable company for either program without a setup similar to yours. lol
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Nice setup AriX, love that you have a Powermac there too, I just bought one local for £40 :) I've just installed MorphOS on it :)
Nice! Mine seems to have a faulty logic board, as it won't boot with more than 128MB of RAM inserted! Oh well.
20CenturyFan wrote:That is just awesome, AriX! I wish I had room for all that hardware... but space limitations restrict me to emulating everything on a single Windows 7 based PC :lol: Not sure it would be possible to get listings for my cable company for either program without a setup similar to yours. lol
When I actually finish this sender stuff, that should be possible :)
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Ok, I'm starting to make my own version of curday.dat in 0xED for my Mac (since I have my Mac here). But my question was that if I made it with Philippine cable channels
(ex:

Code: Select all

[   8 ......ABS002.ABSCBN....................00...ABS002.
, means that ABS002 means ABS-CBN headquarters in Metro Manila, Philippines) and their programming (ex:

.48.1.22.0.0.(11:50) Bandila .
), can it be allowed to customize programming even though I live in the Philippines?
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Matthew Joseph wrote:Ok, I'm starting to make my own version of curday.dat in 0xED for my Mac (since I have my Mac here). But my question was that if I made it with Philippine cable channels
(ex:

[   8 ......ABS002.ABSCBN....................00...ABS002.
, means that ABS002 means ABS-CBN headquarters in Metro Manila, Philippines) and their programming (ex:

.48.1.22.0.0.(11:50) Bandila .
), can it be allowed to customize programming even though I live in the Philippines?
I have no idea what you're asking. There is no reason for this not to work just because you're in the Philippines. But good luck!
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Ok. No problem. I started already and I'm editing on Channel 5 which is a FOX sports channel (i made a curday.dat listings made with fake cable channels and programs.)
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

SchalaAshtear wrote:IIRC, Glens Falls didn't get the gold grid until March 2000... maybe one of the last to switch? Albany got it several months before them...

[...]
I just found this, but apparently TCI Cablevision of Tulsa got the yellow grid in November 1999:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/articlep ... Bu_e1anewl
This says it was the first cable system to receive the upgrade... In other news, water is wet and the Pope is Catholic.

Also, one of the screen shots in this:
http://web.archive.org/web/200106071322 ... index.html
...mentions the date 1 June 2000.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

woddfellow2, will you please check out my curday.dat file, and take a photo of a emulated TVGC Guide with my inputted data, please??
Attachments
curday.zip
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

woddfellow2 wrote:Image
Video (Ogg Theora, 6.1 MB)
What the hell was that??? Are u sure I need to edit it back again???