MEGAUPLOAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED BY THE FBI.

Talk about anything here.
Matthew Joseph

MEGAUPLOAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED BY THE FBI.

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Based on reports that "Anonymous" hacked Universal Music, the Federal of Bureau Investigation (FBI), the U.S. Department of Justice (U.S. DOJ) , Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), Warner Brothers Music, the Recording Industry Association of America, and HADAPI, recently closed down MegaUpload by the FBI.

I have been reasoning out why I put this to Off-Topic, because this is not a related Prevue subject. And we want to know why MegaUpload is closed.

Some websites & forums have been removing MegaUpload links and replacing it with MediaFire, RapidShare or other file-sharing websites.

The FBI banner reads that:

[quote=FBI]
This domain name associated with the website Megaupload.com has been seized pursuant to an order issued by a U.S. District Court.
A federal grand jury has indicted several individuals and entities allegedly involving the operation of Megaupload.com and related websites charging them with the following federal crimes:
Conspiracy to Commit Racketeering (18 U.S.C. § 1962 (d)), Conspiracy to Commit Copyright Infringement (18 U.S.C. § 371), Conspiracy to Commit Money Laundering (18 U.S.C. § 1956 (h)), and Criminal Copyright Infringement (18 U.S.C. §§ 2, 2319; 17 U.S.C. § 506)
[/quote]

The quote can be readable by this picture.

The team are deeply apologized for this meaning.

-The team and Matthew Joseph
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: MEGAUPLOAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED BY THE FBI.

Post by AriX »

Sorry, who is "the team"?
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

AriX wrote:Sorry, who is "the team"?
i think its us.
tin

Post by tin »

Team notwithstanding, It's a bit concerning to go to a megaupload link to get a file that is being legitimately shared, and receive an FBI anti-piracy warning!
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

tin wrote:Team notwithstanding, It's a bit concerning to go to a megaupload link to get a file that is being legitimately shared, and receive an FBI anti-piracy warning!
well i already backed up my stuff on Physical Media rather than online.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Team notwithstanding, It's a bit concerning to go to a megaupload link to get a file that is being legitimately shared, and receive an FBI anti-piracy warning!
Agreed!
tin

Post by tin »

kwest93 wrote:well i already backed up my stuff on Physical Media rather than online.
Of course, there's the point about people who had some stuff only on MegaUpload and nowhere else - which tbh is foolish, I'd never trust anyone else 100% with my data - 2 copies somewhere is the norm.

But what I really mean is someone just going to the site for a file - e.g. "I made this new video, check it out it's here: megaupload.com/something_or_other", and you click, and have the FBI screaming at you that you're a pirate, when you're nothing of the sort! Big assumption on their part. if it just said "we seized this domain because the service was facilitating lots of piracy" that's a different kettle of fish. TBH looking again, it seems they just need to remove the "ANTI PIRACY WARNING" from the top. It's not a warning, it's some information....