New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
tin

Re: New youtube videos

Post by tin »

AriX wrote: I know there is still some Prevue stuff over there, too.
WANNTT!! :)
mixdup

Post by mixdup »

tin wrote:
Agreed! If they have some stuff they're willing to part with, I'm willing to buy :)
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Just wonder if they have a Sneak Prevue machine.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

tin wrote:
Hey I'll take some too! :P Let us know when you get any more on that subject!

Unfortunately they've phased out the guide as of a few weeks ago over here in Baltimore. About a week beforehand I noticed a banner on the grid stating that they would officially can it on December 14th. I wanted to try and catch it but I had completely forgotten..I suppose it probably wouldn't have been too exciting anyway. AriX, you haven't noticed any banners like that on your local guide have you?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Bolt96 wrote:Unfortunately they've phased out the guide as of a few weeks ago over here in Baltimore. About a week beforehand I noticed a banner on the grid stating that they would officially can it on December 14th. I wanted to try and catch it but I had completely forgotten..I suppose it probably wouldn't have been too exciting anyway. AriX, you haven't noticed any banners like that on your local guide have you?
I haven't seen them, and I don't watch the channel too often, but I'll keep an eye out. I think Comcast will try to keep it as long as possible around here, since they still have a lot of "basic cable" customers who don't have any IPG.

But maybe it's just the opposite and they see it as a reason to get more people to upgrade.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

Cox Communications in Tulsa removed the EPG in late 2010. They did carry the final black version for a while, though...
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:Cox Communications in Tulsa removed the EPG in late 2010. They did carry the final black version for a while, though...
Interesting. Forgot about that. Is the Cox Channel guide still there on analog? If so, maybe the Tulsa office isn't closing after all. Also, I believe TV Guide still has a sizable presence in Latin America.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

I believe it was still there (2006–2010 TV Guide Network listings scroll with local origination in top half) as of mid-2011, but I have not been in a public place with cable since then.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
tin

Post by tin »

AriX wrote:I haven't seen them, and I don't watch the channel too often, but I'll keep an eye out. I think Comcast will try to keep it as long as possible around here, since they still have a lot of "basic cable" customers who don't have any IPG.
They can migrate to PGweb :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

I found one Canadian version of Prevue (Amiga edition) which is using LaserDisc like Sneak Prevue and these Spanish versions of Prevue/TV Guide Channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtgV78B6BM
This is recorded in Quebec, which is in Canada.

Found two differences with the U.S. version:
1. The time is 24-hours because Canada uses the 24-hour clock than the U.S. which uses the 12-hour clock.
2. Since in 1999, Prevue Channel became TV Guide Channel in the U.S. and Mexico, why there is still using the last Prevue package from 1998-February 1, 1999?

EDIT:Thanks to PrevueGuide (on YouTube), reuploading the video of the deleted 1998 guide which has the kissing Scope commercial, I will post the link of the deleted video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9nOp7D-Zj0

The name of the deleted user is: ih8ContentID
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.