New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
kwest93

Re: New youtube videos

Post by kwest93 »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:
kwest93 wrote:I lived in This Area Of LA in 2003-04.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gySiuzuz ... re=related
What did they do to the TV Guide Channel (formerly Prevue)? The colors are all weird for the regular listings. I am surprised that most cable systems still have the scrolling listings at least until 2007.
these (New york) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxY7JlOI ... re=related
have been around until 2010.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

The color scheme changed multiple times over the course of the past decade. Last time I remember seeing the scrolling grid in my area (mid-Michigan) was in late 2010/early 2011.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

20CenturyFan wrote:The color scheme changed multiple times over the course of the past decade. Last time I remember seeing the scrolling grid in my area (mid-Michigan) was in late 2010/early 2011.
well it wasn't debuted until 2006-2007. this was after the yellow guide in 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3H2dudx ... re=related
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Ok, I was just wondering. TV Guide Interactive (now i-Guide), is still the same ole colors for the programming (blue- other, green- sports, teal- kids, purple- movies (used to be red for movies). In my area (Cadillac not far from you 20CenturyFan), Charter got rid of the scrolling listings around 2008 or 2009 about a year or so before they moved the channel. I miss seeing the scrolling listings and some sort of PPV Barker Channel.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:Ok, I was just wondering. TV Guide Interactive (now i-Guide), is still the same ole colors for the programming (blue- other, green- sports, teal- kids, purple- movies (used to be red for movies). In my area (Cadillac not far from you 20CenturyFan), Charter got rid of the scrolling listings around 2008 or 2009 about a year or so before they moved the channel. I miss seeing the scrolling listings and some sort of PPV Barker Channel.
Directv Cinema does it. but it has a woman talking on a blue/green screen studio which is nothing compared to the hosts from the 1996 sneak prevue.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

My local TV Guide Network in Philadelphia still has a scrolling guide, but it's tiny and useless. It uses the newer black color scheme, but is so small and slow-moving that you really can't find anything. It looks like this, but 2-3 rows instead of 4: http://cl.ly/0V1y083i042f2Y1N0X1K

I just read on TV Guide Network's affiliate site that they are going to be completely phasing out the scrolling guide this year. Sad that the whole guide operation, which is very much the direct descendent of Prevue, is being shut down. I bet they'll shut down/downsize the Tulsa office, too. I'll have to talk to my contacts there to see if they are going to do anything with their old hardware/software! I know there is still some Prevue stuff over there, too.
JoeTheDragon

Post by JoeTheDragon »

what system is that and is that true that SD and HD have the same numbers?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

JoeTheDragon wrote:what system is that and is that true that SD and HD have the same numbers?
It's not a real system - it's a rendering from their "Think THIS is what TV Guide Network is all about? Think again!" spot where they push the scrolling guide off the screen, announcing that the channel no longer has a guide.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

AriX wrote:My local TV Guide Network in Philadelphia still has a scrolling guide, but it's tiny and useless. It uses the newer black color scheme, but is so small and slow-moving that you really can't find anything. It looks like this, but 2-3 rows instead of 4: http://cl.ly/0V1y083i042f2Y1N0X1K

I just read on TV Guide Network's affiliate site that they are going to be completely phasing out the scrolling guide this year. Sad that the whole guide operation, which is very much the direct descendent of Prevue, is being shut down. I bet they'll shut down/downsize the Tulsa office, too. I'll have to talk to my contacts there to see if they are going to do anything with their old hardware/software! I know there is still some Prevue stuff over there, too.
the black guide was awful. it shrinked to showtimes for different shows when they show movies.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Basically nothing like how it used to be.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.