Prevue Emulation HELP!!!!

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
tin

Re: Prevue Emulation HELP!!!!

Post by tin »

Workbench is (sort of) the Amiga equivalent of windows. You run it on your emulated Amiga. If you set up an emulated hard drive as a windows folder, you can copy the files from the .adf (by virtually inserting the disk into an emulated disk drive) to the emulated hard drive. Then you can read stuff like the text files directly in windows. There's loads of posts on this back in the older topics on this forum.
nwgatwcfan

Re: Prevue Emulation HELP!!!!

Post by nwgatwcfan »

To Tin and/or AriX,

Is there piece of software that will allow a Windows user (like me and others), to view/edit the contents of the PREVUE.adf file? I'd like to copy the PrevueC font from the PREVUE.adf file and try to make an OpenType or TrueType font out of it.
I have found a software on CNET's Download.com called ADF View that allows me to view any ADF file within Windows 7. This is a freeware app and It works with earlier versions of Windows. It is a shell extension that allows you to double click on the ADF file and it will display its contents, allow you to copy and delete files directly to the ADF without using the Amiga Emulator. As far as creating a ADF disk, I do this in WinUAE (there are instructions on this within the WinUAE program). I usually select the larger 1760 KB file size (HD - high density disk) when creating my own, that way it will hold more data. I haven't really bothered with creating a Hard Disk within WinUAE, because I can copy files directly to the ADF file.

Hope this helps,
Steven