Atari 8-bit emulator with raw serial over TCP?

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
LittleCat

Atari 8-bit emulator with raw serial over TCP?

Post by LittleCat »

Most Atari 8-bit emulator I've seen does have serial emulation through TCP, but they're primary hardcoded to support Telnet connections only. This is fine for connecting and hosting BBS' and such, but I'd like to send commands to the EPG Jr. without having to use the debugger to input them.

Is there such an emulator that allows me to send commands directly to an emulated EPG Jr. over TCP or some sort of socket, almost exactly like FS-UAE/WinUAE does for blue grid?
Matthew Joseph

Re: Atari 8-bit emulator with raw serial over TCP?

Post by Matthew Joseph »

LittleCat wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:38 pm Most Atari 8-bit emulator I've seen does have serial emulation through TCP, but they're primary hardcoded to support Telnet connections only. This is fine for connecting and hosting BBS' and such, but I'd like to send commands to the EPG Jr. without having to use the debugger to input them.

Is there such an emulator that allows me to send commands directly to an emulated EPG Jr. over TCP or some sort of socket, almost exactly like FS-UAE/WinUAE does for blue grid?
Actually as of now there is no such thing that there will be a listings sender to the Atari. However we will just wait for the right time to get this on, as what we did to the Amiga.