Curday.dat Data Format

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Curday.dat Data Format

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:It is possible to change the time zone. For example, to change the time zone to Central (GMT-6), change this:

Code: Select all

AE3366N..4YYNNYYNNl..0.DREV 5.KHHR.Hawthorne.91.91.131.1348
...to this:

Code: Select all

AE3366N..6YYNNYYNNl..0.DREV 5.KHHR.Hawthorne.91.91.131.1348
Known time zone codes:
4 — Pacific (GMT-8)
6 — Central (GMT-6)

Therefore, Mountain (GMT-7) is likely 5, and Eastern (GMT-5) is likely 7.
Great :)
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

tin wrote:Okay as you might have guessed, make a new HD from a folder on your Host OS. Assign it DH2 (or change the script whatever you prefer) and change the startup sequence to the following:

;main startup script

failat 21
assign ENV: dh2:
makedir ram:T
assign T: ram:T

assign c: dh2:c
assign s: dh2:s
assign df0: dismount
assign df0: dh2:

newcli "CON:0/0/640/200/ Prevue" from s:uv-ver
endcli >nil
I have tried this, but it does not work. When I try to start it, for every "assign" or "makedir" it throws "file is not executable" and then throws an ER005 ("Report Error Code ER005 to Prevue Technical Services"). What am I doing wrong?
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
hen7713

Post by hen7713 »

Are you somehow using a 1.x kickstart instead of 2.x?

Edit:
Also, does anyone know how to get the non-gradient blue "announcements" in the listings? When I try to add new ones, it causes the time to keep getting set back an hour and when I reset WinUAE, the listings go unavailable.
PearGuide - mms://hen7713.com:8081/ (Open in something such as Windows Media Player, VLC, etc)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

hen7713 wrote:Also, does anyone know how to get the non-gradient blue "announcements" in the listings?
No idea what you mean... Also are you adding listings over serial or curday.dat?
hen7713

Post by hen7713 »

I'm using curday.dat. Also, i'm talking about the red / blue / not highlighted things, example the one that says Effective Immediatly and all that stuff about office hours
PearGuide - mms://hen7713.com:8081/ (Open in something such as Windows Media Player, VLC, etc)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

hen7713 wrote:I'm using curday.dat. Also, i'm talking about the red / blue / not highlighted things, example the one that says Effective Immediatly and all that stuff about office hours
Hmm. What do they look like in hex when you add them?
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

hen7713 wrote:Are you somehow using a 1.x kickstart instead of 2.x?

[...]
No, I am using the same Kickstart 2.04 ROM I have been using ("Kickstart v2.04 rev 37.175 (1991)(Commodore)(A500+).rom").
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
tin

Post by tin »

woddfellow2 wrote:
tin wrote:Okay as you might have guessed, make a new HD from a folder on your Host OS. Assign it DH2 (or change the script whatever you prefer) and change the startup sequence to the following:

;main startup script

failat 21
assign ENV: dh2:
makedir ram:T
assign T: ram:T

assign c: dh2:c
assign s: dh2:s
assign df0: dismount
assign df0: dh2:

newcli "CON:0/0/640/200/ Prevue" from s:uv-ver
endcli >nil
I have tried this, but it does not work. When I try to start it, for every "assign" or "makedir" it throws "file is not executable" and then throws an ER005 ("Report Error Code ER005 to Prevue Technical Services"). What am I doing wrong?
Hard to say! on the face of it, sounds like your install is goosed!! What do you have set up at the moment, all files on the hard drive? Wonder if they're powerpacked....
tin

Post by tin »

hen7713 wrote:I'm using curday.dat. Also, i'm talking about the red / blue / not highlighted things, example the one that says Effective Immediatly and all that stuff about office hours
The highlight stuff is covered at the beginning of this thread, look at AriX's second post.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:I have tried this, but it does not work. When I try to start it, for every "assign" or "makedir" it throws "file is not executable" and then throws an ER005 ("Report Error Code ER005 to Prevue Technical Services"). What am I doing wrong?
Did you by chance copy everything on DF0 to your DH2 instead of just some of the files?