curday.dat Editing Problems

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
Triple C

curday.dat Editing Problems

Post by Triple C »

In trying to edit the curday.dat file, I've run into a problem. I'm on a Mac, and I've had to extract the folder for the ADF file (PREVUE.ADF). When trying to compress this folder, it becomes a .zip file. I change the .zip to .adf, and it shows that it is an ADF file again. However, when trying to boot this file, the screen does not show the Prevue boot screen, but rather shows the AmigaDOS screen. I can go back to the original and it works fine. There's obviously something I'm doing wrong here. (I'm not too experienced with Amiga myself, but have read tutorials on the forum on this subject) Can anyone help?
I'm a Weather Channel geek.
Owner of 2 WeatherStar Jr units and a WeatherStar 4000 unit
tin

Re: curday.dat Editing Problems

Post by tin »

Deffo deffo the adf is a completely different format to zip. Just changing the extension won't work.

Are you emulating the amiga on the Mac? Far easier to set up a hard drive, decompress and move the contents of the disk there. You can edit stuff then with none of the compress-adf farting about.
Triple C

Post by Triple C »

tin wrote:Deffo deffo the adf is a completely different format to zip. Just changing the extension won't work.

Are you emulating the amiga on the Mac? Far easier to set up a hard drive, decompress and move the contents of the disk there. You can edit stuff then with none of the compress-adf farting about.
I'm using FS-UAE for the Mac to emulate the Amiga, yes. I knew there was a problem with what I was doing, thanks! :D
I'm a Weather Channel geek.
Owner of 2 WeatherStar Jr units and a WeatherStar 4000 unit
tin

Post by tin »

Have a ganders at this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&start=10and this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=232&p=1128#p1128 to start with.