Stuck on Thursday, Jan 1, 1970 - [FIXED]

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
wcfields

Stuck on Thursday, Jan 1, 1970 - [FIXED]

Post by wcfields »

Hi,

Hopefully this gets a reply since the last post was from Sep '14.

I've tried swapping out the curday.dat file and am certain that my emulator is running on todays date and have set the date on the curday.dat file to todays date and I get an ER007 and the date is Thursday, Jan 1, 1970

What am I missing?
Last edited by wcfields on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tin

Re: Stuck on Thursday, Jan 1, 1970

Post by tin »

Date showing as Thursday, Jan 1, 1970 is the Amiga's internal clock, nothing to do with what's in curday.dat. You need to find a way to set the Amiga clock. I found that in windows, WinUAE there was no way, it just took the host PC's time. YMMV, possibly something in the emulator preferences?

Welcome to the forums BTW :)
wcfields

Post by wcfields »

Thanks for the welcome. I was super excited to see this was even a thing!

Anyway, while loading up the given PREVUE.ADF right before it loads I can do a >date and it appears to give the date as 06-jan-04 for some reason.

Also, just to make sure I understand, curdate.dat contains the julien date (000 - 364), so the clock must = curdate's to display that file?
wcfields

Post by wcfields »

GOT IT!

I'm using the "Tulsa" curday.dat and edited it to 070 (March 11) and finally got it to work. Using the FS-UAE emulator passes on today's date/time. The other emulator, WinUAE doesn't seem to pass on date/time correctly.
tin

Post by tin »

Excellent :) I must re-install my winUAE and have a look :)
wcfields

Post by wcfields »

The issue was on WinAUE I had "Compatible Settings" checked under Adv. Chipset. Unticking that and selecting a Battery Backed Up Real Time Clock MSM6242B passed on today date. Also making sure I used a "6" in the curday.dat file's initial string to make to sync to my timezone of PST
Battery Backed Up Real Time Clock
Battery Backed Up Real Time Clock
realtimeclock.png (43.02 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
Sucess!
Sucess!
prevue-crop-1503111739-01.png (29.46 KiB) Viewed 9109 times

After that I got Hawthorne to work which has a lot more fun stuff. I'm reading the wiki though and what makes SHO and CINE special that they have an extended description and pause on those channels while scrolling? Does it do it when you have a 1.5+ hr block with a huge description for movies?

Also, I've left my emulator running Hawthorne all night and I've noticed how it scrolls into nexday.dat, nearly all my scheduled channels are gone now except the 3 MetroMarket / 57 Public Access / 53 El Camino College channels which have only 1 event: "Public Access" or "El Camino College" in huge timeblocks. The messaging/info remains however.
24 hours later, rolling into nexday.dat
24 hours later, rolling into nexday.dat
PREVUE_004.png (33.64 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
tin

Re: Stuck on Thursday, Jan 1, 1970 - [FIXED]

Post by tin »

I can't remember so well, and I think all this was discussed somewhere in the forums, but there's a tag in the programme information that will make the listing pause, and going into nxtday.dat is just because the box isn't recieving any listings, and these are the only channels it has information for that far ahead, so that's all it shows.