Start running emulator!

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
ChrisROCKSC23

Start running emulator!

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 »

Hello. My name is Chris and I am new to this forum. I just have one question. I just got the WinUAE application and the PREVUE file. There is JUST one problem, though. How do I get it to run? When I turn on the emulator with the disk, I see at the top it says Prevue. Then it says New Shell process 2, and it skips many spaces and says ROM version 2.04 and then after that it says [CLT 1]. What do I do? What SHOULD I do? Please tell me.

ChrisROCKSC23
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Start running emulator!

Post by AriX »

ChrisROCKSC23 wrote:Hello. My name is Chris and I am new to this forum. I just have one question. I just got the WinUAE application and the PREVUE file. There is JUST one problem, though. How do I get it to run? When I turn on the emulator with the disk, I see at the top it says Prevue. Then it says New Shell process 2, and it skips many spaces and says ROM version 2.04 and then after that it says [CLT 1]. What do I do? What SHOULD I do? Please tell me.

ChrisROCKSC23
Sounds like you're doing the right thing... It usually says [CLI 1], and then if you wait like 30 more seconds, it should go to [CLI 2] and then load the actual Prevue application ("ESQ"). Is it just getting stuck? Maybe your emulator is not configured correctly? One of the threads around here has some information about how to properly set the WinUAE settings to emulate Prevue.
ChrisROCKSC23

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 »

Thank you for the advice. I meant to say CLI 1, but I thought it was a T. How long do I have to wait until it says CLI 2 and then launch the emulator? I have waited a few minutes now and it DID not say CLI 2. Do I have to type it in? Write me back.

ChrisROCKSC23
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

ChrisROCKSC23 wrote:Thank you for the advice. I meant to say CLI 1, but I thought it was a T. How long do I have to wait until it says CLI 2 and then launch the emulator? I have waited a few minutes now and it DID not say CLI 2. Do I have to type it in? Write me back.

ChrisROCKSC23
No, you don't. It should only take 30 seconds or so...
ChrisROCKSC23

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 »

I kept the emulator on for more than 12 hours, and still no launch of the Prevue Listings. What do I do now?
mediabrat

Post by mediabrat »

ChrisROCKSC23 wrote:I kept the emulator on for more than 12 hours, and still no launch of the Prevue Listings. What do I do now?
There's definitely a step that you're missing, but I can't tell what it is based on what you've written.

Basically, I followed the instructions AriX gave in the first post of this thread, only I went with the emulated hard drive detailed by tin here rather than using the PREVUE.ADF.

Good luck, I hope you can get it up and running soon.