how do i fix Movie and TV Ratings?

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
kwest93

how do i fix Movie and TV Ratings?

Post by kwest93 »

how do i fix the ratings on the Prevue guide? i have familly guy but it says TV-G and i want it TV-14. do i need hex editor for this?
woddfellow2

Re: how do i fix Movie and TV Ratings?

Post by woddfellow2 »

Yes, just change 0x99 in Family Guy's entry to 0x9A.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

woddfellow2 wrote:Yes, just change 0x99 in Family Guy's entry to 0x9A.
ok.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Easier solution:
You can put (TV-PG) or (TV-G), since the program exactly (e.g. Extra (TV-PG), can turn a normal word to a rating icon.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

Matthew Joseph wrote:Easier solution:
You can put (TV-PG) or (TV-G), since the program exactly (e.g. Extra (TV-PG), can turn a normal word to a rating icon.
wow! didn't know that. well that might not work but at least the hex worked.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

:D This actually works. You can put (TV-PG), etc. just after the listing and send it via Serial and it will automatically change to the correct rating icon. This makes life so much easier. I wonder how many other tricks this system can do?

Steven
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

nwgatwcfan wrote:
:D This actually works. You can put (TV-PG), etc. just after the listing and send it via Serial and it will automatically change to the correct rating icon. This makes life so much easier. I wonder how many other tricks this system can do?

Steven
Ahhh, if I had time I would be reversing all of that code, and I could tell you everything it can do :D
...but it'll have to wait until I find the time.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

This also works with (CC), which it will replace with a closed-captioning symbol (actually an ASCII pipe (|), but the PrevueC font draws this as a closed-captioning symbol).

I tried a few strings to get it to display the headphones character ("(Stereo)", "(S)", "(STEREO)"), but I could not get it to replace those with the 0x91 headphones character.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

woddfellow2 wrote:This also works with (CC), which it will replace with a closed-captioning symbol (actually an ASCII pipe (|), but the PrevueC font draws this as a closed-captioning symbol).

I tried a few strings to get it to display the headphones character ("(Stereo)", "(S)", "(STEREO)"), but I could not get it to replace those with the 0x91 headphones character.
(Headphones) or something like that.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
broken580

Post by broken580 »

I know from experience (at least from what I have seen) that my logos will not work unless they are on the ADF. It does not matter if they are compressed or not (I never compressed mine)