Logos don't work

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
aevil

Logos don't work

Post by aevil »

When I press "G" on scrolling listings, no ads show up. I am using the decompressed versions in my DH0:/Logos folder. Do I need a ADF file containing the logos?
Attachments
004.png
004.png (9.34 KiB) Viewed 9987 times
woddfellow2

Re: Logos don't work

Post by woddfellow2 »

You are probably pressing G too quickly. I noticed that if one presses G too quickly, it displays nothing in the top half instead of a Logos image.

Also, I believe it reads the Logos images from the floppy disk/ADF/DF0 instead of the hard disk/DH0.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

aevil wrote:When I press "G" on scrolling listings, no ads show up. I am using the decompressed versions in my DH0:/Logos folder. Do I need a ADF file containing the logos?
Wait a second. Is that the 1998-1999 Prevue channel logo with the Prevue Guide name? That will be a re-carnation of the 1998-1999 logo.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
aevil

Post by aevil »

Matthew Joseph wrote:
aevil wrote:When I press "G" on scrolling listings, no ads show up. I am using the decompressed versions in my DH0:/Logos folder. Do I need a ADF file containing the logos?
Wait a second. Is that the 1998-1999 Prevue channel logo with the Prevue Guide name? That will be a re-carnation of the 1998-1999 logo.
It's something I made myself.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

aevil wrote:It's something I made myself.
Nice, it looks cool. Welcome to the forums! I don't really know the answer to your first question, but hopefully someone else can help you.
tin

Post by tin »

You should not need an ADF file containing anything if you have everything correctly pointed to your DH0:
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

I know from experience (at least from what I have seen) that my logos will not work unless they are on the ADF. It does not matter if they are compressed or not (I never compressed mine). I would try moving your graphics to the ADF while keeping the .dat files on the HD. I briefly touched on this subject about a month ago in the link below :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&start=130

I can also say that every time I modified one of my graphics/logos files and stored it on the HD, the program still used the older versions (which it had to have taken from the ADF). This is what led me to believe that, though it runs on the HD and reads the .dat files from it, the ADF is still the primary source for the graphics. Hope this helps.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

20CenturyFan wrote:I know from experience (at least from what I have seen) that my logos will not work unless they are on the ADF. It does not matter if they are compressed or not (I never compressed mine). I would try moving your graphics to the ADF while keeping the .dat files on the HD. I briefly touched on this subject about a month ago in the link below :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&start=130

I can also say that every time I modified one of my graphics/logos files and stored it on the HD, the program still used the older versions (which it had to have taken from the ADF). This is what led me to believe that, though it runs on the HD and reads the .dat files from it, the ADF is still the primary source for the graphics. Hope this helps.

this happened to me too. i had to turn them off just to see them.
tin

Post by tin »

I think maybe you missed the df0: dismount and assigns mentioned here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&p=535&hilit=Assign+dismount#p535

It is true some parts of prevue guide are hardcoded to fetch some stuff off the floppy, the above linked commands makes the AmigaOS force the software to use the hard drive instead.

It works fine, I have used it a lot, and it's SUCH a ballache putting stuff on and off the ADF surely?

Maybe if I get an hour I'll do a tutorial ;-)