Curday.dat not reading?

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
kwest93
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

Curday.dat not reading?

Post by kwest93 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:10 pm

my curday.dat i downloaded here is not working.

im always getting ER007. Does it need to be a certain day at a certain time? its already put on my ADF. i used the throwback one.

Matthew Joseph
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:17 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by Matthew Joseph » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 am

Use XVI32, not Notepad.
THIS IS THE PREVUE CHANNEL, AND WE ARE WHATS ON.
_____________________________________________________________
Matthew Dela Cruz
Loyal Prevue Channel and TVGC/TVGN guy

kwest93
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by kwest93 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:04 am

Matthew Joseph wrote:Use XVI32, not Notepad.
but i didn't use notepad. i used XVI32 like they said.

nwgatwcfan
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by nwgatwcfan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:02 am

kwest93 wrote:
Matthew Joseph wrote:Use XVI32, not Notepad.
but i didn't use notepad. i used XVI32 like they said.
I have a program suggestion. Go to the website http://notepad-plus-plus.org and download the program Notepad++. I have been using it for about a year now and I absolutely love it. This program will show all of the hidden control characters within a file. It does so much more as well.

Give it a try and see what you think. This will help with the curday.dat file immensely.

Thanks,
Steven

woddfellow2
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by woddfellow2 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:08 pm

I am normally a Vim user (I am composing this post with gVim), but I usually use Emacs (M-x hexl-mode) as a hex editor. I used to use biew/beye, though.
—xoddf2

kwest93
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by kwest93 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:10 pm

nwgatwcfan wrote:
kwest93 wrote:
Matthew Joseph wrote:Use XVI32, not Notepad.
but i didn't use notepad. i used XVI32 like they said.
I have a program suggestion. Go to the website http://notepad-plus-plus.org and download the program Notepad++. I have been using it for about a year now and I absolutely love it. This program will show all of the hidden control characters within a file. It does so much more as well.

Give it a try and see what you think. This will help with the curday.dat file immensely.

Thanks,
Steven
all i see is code. what should i do with it?

nwgatwcfan
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by nwgatwcfan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:31 pm

kwest93 wrote: all i see is code. what should i do with it?
Are you able to attach a screenshot of the Notepad++ screen so I can see the code that you are viewing?

Thanks,
Steven

kwest93
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by kwest93 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:05 am

nwgatwcfan wrote:
kwest93 wrote: all i see is code. what should i do with it?
Are you able to attach a screenshot of the Notepad++ screen so I can see the code that you are viewing?

Thanks,
Steven
yes.

Image

nwgatwcfan
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by nwgatwcfan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 am

kwest93 wrote:
nwgatwcfan wrote:
kwest93 wrote: all i see is code. what should i do with it?
Are you able to attach a screenshot of the Notepad++ screen so I can see the code that you are viewing?

Thanks,
Steven
yes.
kwest93, you have a PowerPacked file (a compressed file, so to speak). There is a software on aminet.com called ppunpack listed. There is a Win32 version and you would have to use something like 7-Zip to unzip the file for use (it's a LHA file). When you unzip it, it will be a command line interface, so get the DOS prompt ready. I have actually found it easier to set up a shortcut in the same folder within Windows, that would do the same job. There is a readme file for the software and will have all of the information on converting the file. If you need help with this part, let me know and I will try to go into detail. When you use ppunpack, it will convert it back to a standard binary file and will decode the file you have currently.

There is another way of this and there is a post in this forum, (Arix, tin help me out as to where this is), but it has a decompressed curday.dat file that you can download straight to the computer. When you find and download it, just open the file in Notepad++ and you should see the listings data. All you have to do is edit this file with the information you want (please view the Wiki for the patterns of curday.dat, so that you can see what is available to edit without messing it up.)

Let me know if you are still having trouble with this and I would be glad to help you further. It may be this evening though, since I have to work.

Thanks,
Steven
Last edited by AriX on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed big quoted image

AriX
Site Admin
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Curday.dat not reading?

Post by AriX » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:43 pm

nwgatwcfan wrote:There is another way of this and there is a post in this forum, (Arix, tin help me out as to where this is), but it has a decompressed curday.dat file that you can download straight to the computer. When you find and download it, just open the file in Notepad++ and you should see the listings data. All you have to do is edit this file with the information you want (please view the Wiki for the patterns of curday.dat, so that you can see what is available to edit without messing it up.)
Hmm, are you talking about this post? The curday.dat file in that ZIP is decompressed.

Post Reply