Keyboard Not Active. Help!

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
kwest93

Keyboard Not Active. Help!

Post by kwest93 »

I Keep Getting Keyboard Not Active in the atari prevue guide. i tried every emulator on windows and nothing happens.

every other key worked but typing it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
20CenturyFan

Re: Keyboard Not Active. Help!

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Press ESC to go to the menu screen. Select "Change Scroll Speed". While in the menu where you can change the scroll speed, type an excalamation point "!". Sometime you have to hold it a half second to get it to register. (Shift+1). If the "N" changed to "Y" on Keyboard, then you have unlocked the keyboard and can start typing ads!

I recommend that you look at the reverse engineering page on the EPG Jr to input a settings block, and there is also a link to a command generator that allows you to set the date/time, a sample settings block, end data stream and send pre-typed ads (though I'd say you are better off typing them in the emulator itself... it overwrites memory sometimes and makes things get funky). Are you using Atari800?
kwest93

Re: Keyboard Not Active. Help!

Post by kwest93 »

20CenturyFan wrote:Press ESC to go to the menu screen. Select "Change Scroll Speed". While in the menu where you can change the scroll speed, type an excalamation point "!". Sometime you have to hold it a half second to get it to register. (Shift+1). If the "N" changed to "Y" on Keyboard, then you have unlocked the keyboard and can start typing ads!

I recommend that you look at the reverse engineering page on the EPG Jr to input a settings block, and there is also a link to a command generator that allows you to set the date/time, a sample settings block, end data stream and send pre-typed ads (though I'd say you are better off typing them in the emulator itself... it overwrites memory sometimes and makes things get funky). Are you using Atari800?
yeah. fixed it just needed to jump in and out of the menu you said then it went to Y. thanks.