Scroll Pause-start

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
20CenturyFan

Scroll Pause-start

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Has anyone figured out how to get the Amiga Prevue grid to scroll and pause like in the video below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aDGGSb ... re=related

I am sure it may take a while to get a response, since I know everyone is busy. I don't think I have seen anyone bring up how to do it yet. (I am aware of CRTL+S, as to where it stops/starts manually. But this isn't what I'm after)
nwgatwcfan

Re: Scroll Pause-start

Post by nwgatwcfan »

20CenturyFan wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get the Amiga Prevue grid to scroll and pause like in the video below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aDGGSb ... re=related

I am sure it may take a while to get a response, since I know everyone is busy. I don't think I have seen anyone bring up how to do it yet. (I am aware of CRTL+S, as to where it stops/starts manually. But this isn't what I'm after)
I have it figured out. Sorry about not updating the Wiki lately, lots of stuff going on. Anyway, the setting is in the Config.dat file. I have updated the WIki to which character to change to allow the pausing every three listings.

I have also unlocked where you can raise and lower the scroll bar up and down as well. It's toward the end of the Config.dat information.

As I have time, I will try to update the Wiki with more information.

20thCenturyFan, I found some of this by playing around with the software and removing the files from the Prevue Folder. Anything that ends with .dat can be removed without the system crashing. When you remove these files from the Prevue folder, you can go into the Prevue Menu and Save All Information and it will build these files again with the system defaults. Then with both files, I compared what settings changed and what settings remained. By default the system will pause after every three listings, so I knew it had to be an option that changed.

Thanks,
Steven
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

Thank you so much! You didn't have to apologize... it wasn't THAT urgent :lol:

Its awesome that you found out those other features the way you did. I will have to keep the whole idea of building from scratch in mind. Happy hunting!
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Just a quick note: to update the config.dat over serial commands, you can either use mode 'f' (although I haven't figured out the checksum for that one yet), or you can use the H file download command: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=140&start=10#p1413