Config.dat File Information for Amiga

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
nwgatwcfan

Config.dat File Information for Amiga

Post by nwgatwcfan »

I wanted to let everyone know that I have posted on the Wiki some information on the Config.dat file that explains some of the addtional settings and how they were set. It's an incomplete list at the moment as there are new things that I am finding when I alter some of the information.

Two interesting things I have found. The first is one configuration setting that changes the times shown to a 24 hour clock. Tin, you might be interested in this one because it converts the Time bar to the 24 hour clock, but also converts listings that have times listed to reflect the 24 hour clock.

The second thing I have found, and I stil have to pinpoint exactly which one, is a setting that unlocked the + and - keys on the keypad and when you use Shift + plus sign, it lowered the time bar down to fit what might have appeared in the top screen. Conversely, the Shift - dash key caused the time bar to scroll up the screen. After about a minute, the system would automatically return it to its proper position.

Arix, I think when you get a chance to continue going through the code, you will find that the Config.dat file unlocks some of the other keys that you were mentioning in another thread. So, that might be useful to you.

In the Wiki, you will notice that I have the example of the Config.dat file that we presently have. What I did is listed the code in ESQ that I was able to pickup on and put the values in order as they would have been listed and put a description next to each one that I have checked. It is a work in progress, and I am hoping this weekend to continue to work on this some more.

Thanks,
Steven
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Config.dat File Information for Amiga

Post by AriX »

nwgatwcfan wrote:I wanted to let everyone know that I have posted on the Wiki some information on the Config.dat file that explains some of the addtional settings and how they were set. It's an incomplete list at the moment as there are new things that I am finding when I alter some of the information.

Two interesting things I have found. The first is one configuration setting that changes the times shown to a 24 hour clock. Tin, you might be interested in this one because it converts the Time bar to the 24 hour clock, but also converts listings that have times listed to reflect the 24 hour clock.

The second thing I have found, and I stil have to pinpoint exactly which one, is a setting that unlocked the + and - keys on the keypad and when you use Shift + plus sign, it lowered the time bar down to fit what might have appeared in the top screen. Conversely, the Shift - dash key caused the time bar to scroll up the screen. After about a minute, the system would automatically return it to its proper position.

Arix, I think when you get a chance to continue going through the code, you will find that the Config.dat file unlocks some of the other keys that you were mentioning in another thread. So, that might be useful to you.

In the Wiki, you will notice that I have the example of the Config.dat file that we presently have. What I did is listed the code in ESQ that I was able to pickup on and put the values in order as they would have been listed and put a description next to each one that I have checked. It is a work in progress, and I am hoping this weekend to continue to work on this some more.

Thanks,
Steven
This sounds really cool - I'll check it out a little later.

Thanks!