Software Hunt

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
AriX
Site Admin

Software Hunt

Post by AriX »

Not going as well as I had hoped. Just got a message back from an ex-UVSG employee saying that although he did find some Prevue Guide floppies, he had formatted ALL of them at one point or another to use them for storage (DAMMIT :p), and the other ones haven't gotten back to me...

Anyone think they have any leads by any chance? I haven't given up, but it could be a while before we locate another version of the software. Maybe I'll go through LinkedIn again and send out another round of emails to some other people.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Software Hunt

Post by AriX »

WOW, OK. Here's an update:

"We have allot of the channel guide computers. probably 50-60 of them. I'm not even sure which company the are from. We have about 2000 channels of SMATV headend we are trying to liquidate.... give me a call"

50-60? Damn. Let's hope these are are Prevue/TV Guide/EPG systems :D
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

AriX wrote:WOW, OK. Here's an update:

"We have allot of the channel guide computers. probably 50-60 of them. I'm not even sure which company the are from. We have about 2000 channels of SMATV headend we are trying to liquidate.... give me a call"

50-60? Damn. Let's hope these are are Prevue/TV Guide/EPG systems :D
Ahhhhh dammit. These are apparently all Windows NT-based Zap2it channel (which I didn't know existed) and Teleguide systems. Nothing TV Guide related, even modern TV Guide equipment.
tin

Post by tin »

booo!!! gutted :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Possible developments on this front...
tin

Post by tin »

AriX wrote:Possible developments on this front...
Ahh go on, do tell :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:
AriX wrote:Possible developments on this front...
Ahh go on, do tell :)
Nothing TOO exciting, and it could be a few days.
tin

Post by tin »

Ahh go on, tell us what it MIGHT be, and I promise not to be too disappointed if it doesn't pan out :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Ahh go on, tell us what it MIGHT be, and I promise not to be too disappointed if it doesn't pan out :)
Possibly a different dump of the Prevue software :) - may be the same version we have though :/
Possibly also hardware.
SchalaAshtear

Post by SchalaAshtear »

Anyone know if we'll ever find a Sneak Prevue disk? I'm personally interested in that somewhat, too =P

The discovery of the Prevue Guide disk (albeit a late TV Guide one) sure caught my attention when I saw the post about it over at the Sonic Retro forums. =)
~Schala Ashtear