Amiga Related Documents that might be helpful

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
nwgatwcfan

Amiga Related Documents that might be helpful

Post by nwgatwcfan »

For the past few weeks, I have been trying to pick apart the ESQ file in the Prevue Folder. I was wanting to get a sense of what types of files the system is requesting and using. What I have been able to gather is that some of the files are built directly into RAM using the ESQ file. Anyway, as I was picking through some of the files, I happened to notice that the program was calling some headers from Amiga's resources. I was able to put this into a search and voila, a development guide that Amiga sent out listing many of the handles used in the ESQ program.

For example:
There is a section in the ESQ file that requests the following:
graphics.library
diskfont.library
dos.library
intuition.library
utility.library
battclock.resource
Serial.Read
Serial.Device

I did a search for these items and the following address came up:
http://gega.homelinux.net/AmigaDevDocs/
I looked in this file and I must say, things make a lot of sense. This guide pretty much goes through everything about the Amiga in development terms. It even shows how the screens are created and scrolled off screen. I wanted to bring this up to you all because it might lead to some more clues on how the Prevue software generated the screens and requested and built the listings information in the system.

I hope this is useful to the group.

Thanks,
Steven