Atari EPG jr reverse engineer

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
tin

Re: Atari EPG jr reverse engineer

Post by tin »

curtjr4 wrote:
AriX wrote: Nono, only one revision of the ROM itself was posted, but it was posted in like 3 or 4 different forms (one as some sort of disk image, one as left and right binaries, one as an entire 16kb ROM, then maybe another like that).

Try resetting the memory location to 3800 instead.
Hmm... even resetting the memory location to 3800 didn't work.
I'm putting in this code...

Code: Select all

c 3800 55 AA 41 2A 00 94 55 AA 54 4c 41 4e 53 49 4e 47 20 43 41 42 4c 45 56 49 53 49 4f 4e 00 96
c 00c8 1e 38 
What seems to be the problem? So confusing lol
this works OK for me - I get LANSING CABLEVISION :)

What emulator are you using?
curtjr4

Post by curtjr4 »

I'm using Atari800Win PLus 4.0. Don't know why it didnt work... but it's good it's working for you lol :lol:
tin

Post by tin »

did you paste it in or manually type? I find in atari800win plus I can't paste, so I type and ALWAYS make a typo.

In fact I just tried typing it in, and it works :)
tin

update of cgi files

Post by tin »

Found what mode $BB does, and updated the cgi's.
Attachments
cgi-bin.zip
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
AriX
Site Admin

Re: update of cgi files

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Found what mode $BB does, and updated the cgi's.
Yay, end of data :)
curtjr4

Post by curtjr4 »

What does mode F do :?:
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

curtjr4 wrote:What does mode F do :?:
It sets various settings on the unit. tin documented most of it a few pages back, and I posted an example message.
tin

Post by tin »

Oh that reminds, some more info that I discovered today - I think you already guessed this AriX anyway but still...

Mode K Clock byte 8 is summertime, as in, it's summer everybody. Seem that value $00 = winter and value $anything else = summer.

Mode F byte 0B is summertime enabled, as in, if it's summertime I will add to the time offset to work out local time. ASCII Y ($59) means it will obey summertime.

I *think* I'm getting somewhere on modes P and C, which currently I guess to stand for Programme and Channel, but we'll see, they're really complicated for my small brain....
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

I cant seem to get 'End of Data Message' to do anything for me. How does it work?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Oh that reminds, some more info that I discovered today - I think you already guessed this AriX anyway but still...

Mode K Clock byte 8 is summertime, as in, it's summer everybody. Seem that value $00 = winter and value $anything else = summer.

Mode F byte 0B is summertime enabled, as in, if it's summertime I will add to the time offset to work out local time. ASCII Y ($59) means it will obey summertime.
Sounds good.
tin wrote:I *think* I'm getting somewhere on modes P and C, which currently I guess to stand for Programme and Channel, but we'll see, they're really complicated for my small brain....
Great! Can't wait to see what you come up with... I know you will figure it out :)
Bolt96 wrote:I cant seem to get 'End of Data Message' to do anything for me. How does it work?
I haven't tried it yet, but I assume all it does is stop the data light from flashing.