Getting emulation up and running.

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
CPLANAS1985

Re: Getting emulation up and running.

Post by CPLANAS1985 »

A step-by-step how-to video on YouTube would sound really nice right about now!!!
Carlos Planas, Jr.
Instagram: @CPLANAS1985
Facebook: @CPLANAS1985
YouTube: @CPLANAS1985
DeviantArt: @CPLANAS1985
Logopedia: @CPLANAS1985
PrevueComKid

Post by PrevueComKid »

Please insert the link.
tin

Post by tin »

Guys c'mon read the old posts in the forums, it's all there. You're totally welcome to create youtube videos for your fellow forum members when you've got yours working!
PajamaDarkness

Post by PajamaDarkness »

tin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:56 am You're totally welcome to create youtube videos for your fellow forum members when you've got yours working!
I'm probably going to make a YouTube video about this.
PajamaFrix
Prevuing since 2015.
PajamaDarkness

Post by PajamaDarkness »

tin wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 pm - press start.
- the AIAB startup script will ask you to ensure the workbench disk is in DF0:
- insert the workbench (disk 2) disk image into DFO: by pressing F12, going into the floppy tab, pressing the small button on the far right with [...] on it and locating the workbench disk file you just put into the disks folder. Remember it's disk 2 (also called workbench) if you downloaded the full set. Press OK.
- the AIAB script will now copy stuff from the workbench disk and ask you a load of questions, just answer the obvious choice, or the first one if it's not obvious :) and then restart the emulated Amiga. You should now have a modern (err 2000s) looking Amiga desktop to work on!
Also, I can't even get the AIAB script to detect the DF0 drive. I have the Workbench image in, but it keeps letting me know that there's nothing in DF0.
PajamaFrix
Prevuing since 2015.