test of command "0"

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
tin

test of command "0"

Post by tin »

Mainly for the benefit of AriX at the moment I guess, unless any other of you enterprising ppl have got an atari you can pump with listings!

Could you test command "O" on your atari setup AFTER it has channel list and programme information? I *think* it clears the listings out, but can't be sure, and don't have a test environment to give it a go. The Amiga appears to ignore it.

The syntax is boxon, 55 AA 4F 00 B0
AriX
Site Admin

Re: test of command "0"

Post by AriX »

Will give it a try tonight! I have been having an issue, though, which is that commands are not 100% reliable going to the Atari, even when they are nearly 100% reliable on an emulated Atari. I think it's either a problem with my code or my SIO2PC interface, so I'll have to research it a bit more. For now, I can just send commands a few times, and be reasonably assured they went through.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Decided to try it out on my emulated Atari, which should work similarly to the real one... Unfortunately, no such luck, it did not have any visible affect on the listings at all. I'll try it on the real one tonight if you'd like, but I don't think that it worked like you expected it to.
tin

Post by tin »

Hmmm interesting ;) maybe it doesn't do what I thought. No matter I will return to the subject later :)