AmgiaOS help

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
tin

Re: AmgiaOS help

Post by tin »

Not sure I can help much further with this, as not sure how the install for that works. I would just check the instructions from the site again, or take the short cut and buy amiga forever :mrgreen:
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

OK, I've said this like 3 times so far. You DON'T need to install AmigaOS yourself and it WON'T help you use the TV Guide software (although later on to modify it you'll want a workbench installation). Stop doing what you're doing and just add the PREVUE.ADF file to WinUAE as DF0:. Nothing else. Once you have that working, then we can try to go further.
WeatherSTARIII

Post by WeatherSTARIII »

Okay. Sorry to bother, I'm just new to the fourm and I've never used a Amiga (wheather or not if its either real or emulated). I aready know how to boot the PREVUE.ADF file on WinUAE, it just that I wanted to hack it so I can add live program listings, change logos, colors, etc.
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

WeatherSTARIII wrote:Okay. Sorry to bother, I'm just new to the fourm and I've never used a Amiga (wheather or not if its either real or emulated). I aready know how to boot the PREVUE.ADF file on WinUAE, it just that I wanted to hack it so I can add live program listings, change logos, colors, etc.
Ah, okay. You should have said that ;)

In any case, I've never used an Amiga before either :p Instead of trying to install the AmigaOS yourself, find a pre-installed workbench ADF - these are widely available on the internet or available for purchase from Amiga Forever. That should work a bit better for you...
tin

Post by tin »

It's also genuinely a damn sight easier to get Amiga forever (at least the plus edition for 2.0 roms) from http://www.amigaforever.com/plus/ This has the added bonus of making it legal if you don't own any Amigas ;)