LISTINGS!

Discuss the reverse engineering and emulation (as opposed to simulation) of any sort of Prevue hardware, including Atari-based and Amiga-based EPG channels and the Amiga-based Prevue/TV Guide channels.
Bolt96

Re: LISTINGS!

Post by Bolt96 »

Holy crap! I really can't believe how awesome this is becoming!! As always, excellent work, AriX! :shock:
SchalaAshtear

Post by SchalaAshtear »

I want to try feeding it some Glens Falls listings eventually once this is released... however, I'm not sure on how I'd go about doing it on Windows =/
~Schala Ashtear
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

Cygwin, perhaps?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

SchalaAshtear wrote:I want to try feeding it some Glens Falls listings eventually once this is released... however, I'm not sure on how I'd go about doing it on Windows =/
I'm sure we'll figure out a way. I'm not sure exactly how to get serial input into Windows emulators, although from what I hear, it should be easier than the way I did it on the Mac (I had to roll my own). Since my example thing is written in pure C, it should function in any Linux environment, including cygwin (which runs on Windows). It might even be easily portable to Windows. Or maybe we'll come up with a better solution, we'll see.
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

And here I am the oddball on Debian Linux. xD

Prolly works similarly to you on OSX though.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

usotsuki wrote:And here I am the oddball on Debian Linux. xD

Prolly works similarly to you on OSX though.
Debian Linux is the best kind :)
I run it on all of my servers. Anyway, yeah, it should work pretty similarly to Mac OS X, although it could never run the Prevue Simulator stuff that I wrote in Quartz Composer.

(And yeah, what you said on IRC was right, it is indeed downloading stuff using cURL from my server, on which I am running a bunch of PHP scripts to generate the program listings from a MythTV database.
tin

Post by tin »

Impressive :)
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

AriX wrote:
SchalaAshtear wrote:I want to try feeding it some Glens Falls listings eventually once this is released... however, I'm not sure on how I'd go about doing it on Windows =/
I'm sure we'll figure out a way. I'm not sure exactly how to get serial input into Windows emulators, although from what I hear, it should be easier than the way I did it on the Mac (I had to roll my own). Since my example thing is written in pure C, it should function in any Linux environment, including cygwin (which runs on Windows). It might even be easily portable to Windows. Or maybe we'll come up with a better solution, we'll see.
I use both Windows 7 and Vista. I think on a previous post of mine, there are two free programs that are available online that can create a virtual serial port and then create the data to send through that port. I know it works on the Amiga port (just make sure on Win UAE to select the COM1 port). The two available Emulators for Atari 8-bit, I don't know the exact way to input the data. Everytime I have tried, the software doesn't respond.
curtjr4

Post by curtjr4 »

I honestly don't think that Cygwin would run any C application... I could be wrong, however. It can always be compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio or their express version of C/C++ (Even a Borland compiler would work).
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

Cygwin has its own C compiler, a version of GCC. It also has libraries that emulate a more Unix-like environment, like OSX or Linux.