Sneak Prevue "Host Segments"

Talk about anything here.
cmcrulz95

Sneak Prevue "Host Segments"

Post by cmcrulz95 »

This might be a little pointless, but does anyone else have fond memories
of the "Host Segments" (that's what I always called them) on Sneak Prevue?
They were shown at the beginning of laserdiscs from 1995 to (late?) 1996
but I saw them a lot on Sneak Prevue as well. It was interesting seeing them
in different locations (In front of a camera, what looked like a waiting room
or something; and later on, a brick room with posters).
It was also cool that the interstitial announcers were the "hosts"
at first.
kwest93

Re: Sneak Prevue "Host Segments"

Post by kwest93 »

cmcrulz95 wrote:This might be a little pointless, but does anyone else have fond memories
of the "Host Segments" (that's what I always called them) on Sneak Prevue?
They were shown at the beginning of laserdiscs from 1995 to (late?) 1996
but I saw them a lot on Sneak Prevue as well. It was interesting seeing them
in different locations (In front of a camera, what looked like a waiting room
or something; and later on, a brick room with posters).
It was also cool that the interstitial announcers were the "hosts"
at first.
yes i do. i remember some of them being on for prevue guide and Entertainment Tonight i think
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

I remember they were doing this for "Prevue's ReelTalk" as well instead of using regular announcers. Also, on the Sneak Prevue TCI Cablevision Edition LaserDisc from October, 1995, it has "extra" (the entertainment TV series like "Entertainment Tonight")segments with a female host talking about the latest films on Pay-Per-View with "ReelTalk" logo stamp at the beginning and end. The last time I saw the host segment was back in November, 1996 when a female host was reviewing the 1996 film, "Executive Decision" and the "Sneak Prevue" logo was shown at the end, announcing that this film is playing this month, order now!
sneak prevue chair.jpg
sneak prevue chair.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 4836 times
It's really cool that they had those "Sneak Prevue" Director's Chairs. Wish I had one of those.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

joseph_sobora wrote:I remember they were doing this for "Prevue's ReelTalk" as well instead of using regular announcers. Also, on the Sneak Prevue TCI Cablevision Edition LaserDisc from October, 1995, it has "extra" (the entertainment TV series like "Entertainment Tonight")segments with a female host talking about the latest films on Pay-Per-View with "ReelTalk" logo stamp at the beginning and end. The last time I saw the host segment was back in November, 1996 when a female host was reviewing the 1996 film, "Executive Decision" and the "Sneak Prevue" logo was shown at the end, announcing that this film is playing this month, order now!
sneak prevue chair.jpg
It's really cool that they had those "Sneak Prevue" Director's Chairs. Wish I had one of those.
you can get one of those and iron on the logo like a T-Shirt i think.