IRC preparation

Talk about anything here.
LocalH

IRC preparation

Post by LocalH »

Ok. Ari has an IRC server running at irc.squishsoftware.com and irc.chronic-dev.org. Channel is #prevueguide, and it will be useful to register with NickServ, so that Ari can set up auto-ops and the like through Chanserv. Using any IRC client, connet to either server and do the following:

/nickserv register <password> <email>

Or if your client doesn't support /nickserv:

/msg NickServ register <password> <email>

This will allow Ari to set up auto ops, halfops, and voice for those he deems fit. Without registering with NickServ, none of this is available. I'm already registered. Also, to gain from this, it requires you to login to NickServ before joining the channel. You do this with the following (if /nickserv doesn't work, use /msg nickserv instead):

/nickserv identify <password>

Ari, if you're not sure what I'm talking about, let me know here or on IRC, I've managed IRC channels before, and the setup isn't too hard, you just have to assign userlevels to those you want to give auto-ops and auto-voice to. As I think about it, half-ops probably isn't that useful here, given the small audience.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: IRC preparation

Post by AriX »

LocalH wrote:Ari, if you're not sure what I'm talking about, let me know here or on IRC, I've managed IRC channels before, and the setup isn't too hard, you just have to assign userlevels to those you want to give auto-ops and auto-voice to. As I think about it, half-ops probably isn't that useful here, given the small audience.
lol, thanks, I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to IRC (it's my own server :P)
SchalaAshtear

Re: IRC preparation

Post by SchalaAshtear »

I've also created a third backup channel on BadnikNET (Tweaker and Xkeeper's network) at irc.badnik.net:6667 #prevue. =)
~Schala Ashtear